Spotted on Site: Joe Sanchez

Joe Sanchez, a freshman majoring in film, is a Miami native.

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: I noticed the cowboy hat, what’s the significance?

Joe Sanchez: I got it in Georgia. I like it, it keeps the sun out of my eyes and it looks cool.

TMH: What inspires your style?

JS: Conventionality. It is comfortable, and something I will use sometime throughout the day.

TMH: Why do you have long hair?

JS: There are two reasons why. One, I don’t like paying for haircuts, and two, my dad used to always make me cut my hair so now against my dads wishes I grow it out.

TMH: I see you all the time on your bike, is that just for school or do you ride professionally?

JS: I don’t do it professionally, but I do go cycling with friends. We sometimes go to Jonathan Dickinson Park and go trail riding.

TMH: So do you own a car or do you ride your bike everywhere?

JS: No, I don’t own a car. I typically ride my bike everywhere. I live on campus so I don’t ride my bike to school, but I probably could have if I did live at home.

TMH: Why did you decide to choose film as your major?

JS: Well, two years ago, I did the theater summer program here at UM, and my high school background is in theater, but film is more technical and has more mass media options. Plus, film is something I wanted to do with my life.

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...