Spotted on Site: Joe Sanchez

Joe Sanchez, a freshman majoring in film, is a Miami native.

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: I noticed the cowboy hat, what’s the significance?

Joe Sanchez: I got it in Georgia. I like it, it keeps the sun out of my eyes and it looks cool.

TMH: What inspires your style?

JS: Conventionality. It is comfortable, and something I will use sometime throughout the day.

TMH: Why do you have long hair?

JS: There are two reasons why. One, I don’t like paying for haircuts, and two, my dad used to always make me cut my hair so now against my dads wishes I grow it out.

TMH: I see you all the time on your bike, is that just for school or do you ride professionally?

JS: I don’t do it professionally, but I do go cycling with friends. We sometimes go to Jonathan Dickinson Park and go trail riding.

TMH: So do you own a car or do you ride your bike everywhere?

JS: No, I don’t own a car. I typically ride my bike everywhere. I live on campus so I don’t ride my bike to school, but I probably could have if I did live at home.

TMH: Why did you decide to choose film as your major?

JS: Well, two years ago, I did the theater summer program here at UM, and my high school background is in theater, but film is more technical and has more mass media options. Plus, film is something I wanted to do with my life.

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

The first debates of the Democratic presidential primary season will take place over two nights. How ...

Doctoral student Maria del Rosario Concha Mendez is spending the summer researching materials in the ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that led her to sign up w ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

Two outgoing Miami student-athletes, Emese Hof and Samantha Gonzalez, are among the record 585 nomin ...

Chris McMahon was selected to participate in the 2019 USA Baseball Collegiate National Team training ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...