Our opinion: Take a look around class and see some familiar faces

Next time you’re in class, look around… check out all the different types of people you see. Here at The Miami Hurricane, we’ve devised a list of stereotypical students you most likely have encountered at one point or another.

Online Poker Fanatic – This student has spent the past 12 hours gambling away his parents’ rent money. If you look closely, he’s actually up $20.

Stock-Tip Boy – In your political science classes, I’m sure you can recall the student in the back of the room shouting out “Sell Microsoft! I’ve been watching it all day and now is the time to sell!”

Wiki-Kid – This student waits for the teacher to ask a question and with precise keystrokes determines the answer quick enough to get extra credit on that next test.

Blackberry Queen – We all know her. You might not think we can hear you typing away at your handheld, but those keys are freaking loud, girl.

The Goth – Your mother thinks it’s only a phase, but talking with your head down and mumbling responses to the prof only weirds us out.

Smelly Boy – Whether they’re right next to you or in the opposite corner of the room, you’re ecstatic when they don’t show up to class.

Jock – Ok, ok, we understand you just came from the gym, but put those guns away, save ‘em for the beach.

We don’t mean to offend anyone, but as our community’s watchdog, we’ve got to keep a look out for annoying archetypes and point them out.

Editorial Board

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...