Movie Review: ‘Zack and Miri Make a Porno’

Director Kevin Smith has had his ups and downs in his directing career. Smith’s latest film, Zack and Miri Make a Porno, falls at about the middle of the pack, as it has some funny scenes but cannot convincingly focus on a theme.

If you can’t tell by the title, Zack and Miri is a movie about two childhood friends who decide to make a porno to get out of debt. The movie aims to be too many different genres at the same time for viewers to get a real grasp on it.

It tries to be vulgar and risqué while attempting to be a romantic comedy at the same time. The only couple that would really want to snuggle during this flick would be Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson.

Seth Rogen (Superbad) and Elizabeth Banks (W) play Zack and Miri, but they didn’t seem to really click throughout the movie. They just looked awkward at times portraying the “love interests” in the story.

Rogen and Craig Robinson (“The Office”) help the movie become viewable with their on-point comedic timing and some really funny lines. It’s just a shame that the entire movie couldn’t have been like that.

So if you’re looking for a romantic comedy that you and your significant other can both enjoy, skip Zack and Miri and rent Knocked Up or just wait for the new Bond movie to come out; girls always like those movies for some reason.

Rating: 2 out of 4 stars

Meron Berkson

Miller School of Medicine students are visiting barbershops to offer free health screenings to Afric ...

With a new name and a continued focus on excellence, students, faculty, and staff are excited about ...

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

Frost School of Music faculty member Carlos Abril highlights how demographic characteristics influen ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

University of Miami redshirt senior Beatrice Mompremier has been named Atlantic Coast Conference Pre ...

Few players in college basketball can boast the same type of winning pedigree as Nysier Brooks and n ...

Keith Stone had a bevy of options to pick from when deciding where to spend his final year as a coll ...

University of Miami student-athletes continued their strong work in the classroom this past year, po ...

University of Miami junior cornerback Trajan Bandy was named ACC Defensive Back of the Week after a ...