Movie Review: ‘Zack and Miri Make a Porno’

Director Kevin Smith has had his ups and downs in his directing career. Smith’s latest film, Zack and Miri Make a Porno, falls at about the middle of the pack, as it has some funny scenes but cannot convincingly focus on a theme.

If you can’t tell by the title, Zack and Miri is a movie about two childhood friends who decide to make a porno to get out of debt. The movie aims to be too many different genres at the same time for viewers to get a real grasp on it.

It tries to be vulgar and risqué while attempting to be a romantic comedy at the same time. The only couple that would really want to snuggle during this flick would be Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson.

Seth Rogen (Superbad) and Elizabeth Banks (W) play Zack and Miri, but they didn’t seem to really click throughout the movie. They just looked awkward at times portraying the “love interests” in the story.

Rogen and Craig Robinson (“The Office”) help the movie become viewable with their on-point comedic timing and some really funny lines. It’s just a shame that the entire movie couldn’t have been like that.

So if you’re looking for a romantic comedy that you and your significant other can both enjoy, skip Zack and Miri and rent Knocked Up or just wait for the new Bond movie to come out; girls always like those movies for some reason.

Rating: 2 out of 4 stars

Meron Berkson

University of Miami atmospheric scientist Elliot Atlas is part of a NASA-funded project studying how ...

Led by the Miller School of Medicine, the southeast region has enrolled more than 14,000 volunteers ...

Two Commencement ceremonies will take place at the Watsco Center on the Coral Gables campus on Thurs ...

The investiture of the School of Law Dean Anthony E. Varona as the M. Minnette Massey Chair took pla ...

The University of Miami Frost School of Music's annual holiday event raises funds for the Donna ...

With an Olympic year on the horizon, former Canes star Lauryn Williams reflects on an incredible car ...

The Miami women's basketball staff just got stronger with the addition of former Hurricane stan ...

The University of Miami football program announced Sunday that it has accepted a bid to the 2019 Wal ...

Spots are filling up fast for the upcoming Gino DiMare Exposure Camp on January 18-19, 2020. ...

Greg Rousseau was one of Miami's breakout players this year and will be honored Friday night in ...