US and World News

WASHINGTON – A new G.I. Bill that will go into effect in August 2009 will offer a greatly improved package of education benefits. It is expected to greatly increase the number of veterans in the nation’s colleges and universities.

GUANTANAMO BAY – Ali Hamza al-Bahlul, an al-Qaeda propagandist who promised endless war against the United States, was sentenced to life in prison on Monday after his conviction at Guantanamo Bay on 35 counts of solicitation to commit murder, providing material support for terrorism and conspiracy.

MOSCOW – Russian leader Dmitri A. Medvedev warned on Wednesday that Moscow might deploy short-range missiles in the Baltic region to counter a perceived threat from a proposed American missile defense shield in Eastern Europe.

TEHRAN – Iran’s military said Wednesday that American helicopters were spotted near its border with Iraq and warned that Iran would respond to any violation of its airspace, IRNA news agency reported.

Erika Capek

Assistant News Editor

Talula Thibault, a senior at the University of Miami and chair of the ECO Agency, will participate i ...

Overturning a widely accepted fact, University of Miami researchers discover that fruit flies hate b ...

The Miami Business School this fall launched a unique and forward-thinking Master of Science in Sust ...

The United States can handle its growing debt a lot better than other countries, such as Argentina, ...

A University of Miami materials engineer is developing a method that will help the aviation industry ...

Miami evened its record with a win over Central Michigan. Now, a quarter of the way through the seas ...

The Hurricanes forced three turnovers and held off a hard-fought effort from Central Michigan, defea ...

Daevenia Achong of the Miami women's tennis team won a pair of matches Sunday to reach the Milw ...

The Hurricanes hung on for a 17-12 win over Central Michigan, but acknowledged there are things they ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up action Sunday at the Miami Fall Invite, posting a 3-1 ...