US and World News

WASHINGTON – A new G.I. Bill that will go into effect in August 2009 will offer a greatly improved package of education benefits. It is expected to greatly increase the number of veterans in the nation’s colleges and universities.

GUANTANAMO BAY – Ali Hamza al-Bahlul, an al-Qaeda propagandist who promised endless war against the United States, was sentenced to life in prison on Monday after his conviction at Guantanamo Bay on 35 counts of solicitation to commit murder, providing material support for terrorism and conspiracy.

MOSCOW – Russian leader Dmitri A. Medvedev warned on Wednesday that Moscow might deploy short-range missiles in the Baltic region to counter a perceived threat from a proposed American missile defense shield in Eastern Europe.

TEHRAN – Iran’s military said Wednesday that American helicopters were spotted near its border with Iraq and warned that Iran would respond to any violation of its airspace, IRNA news agency reported.

Erika Capek

Assistant News Editor

In a letter on Wednesday, President Julio Frenk unveiled a 15-point plan to improve and build upon d

Two technology experts with the University of Miami explain the origins of “bots” and their role on

During Tuesday’s virtual events, members of the University of Miami leadership discussed the essenti

Groundbreaking scientific research and innovative discoveries from the University of Miami will be f

Rosenstiel School researchers David Nolan, Brian McNoldy, James Hlywiak, and Jimmy Ge are using soph