Sports Briefs

FOOTBALL

Harris earns weekly honor

Freshman quarterback Jacory Harris earned the honor of Atlantic Coast Conference Rookie of the Week for the third time this season.

The 6’4″ Miami, Fla., native threw the game-tying and game-winning touchdowns in Miami’s 24-17 overtime victory against Virginia Saturday afternoon.

MEN’S TENNIS

Canes exit prematurely at Seminole Invitational

The University of Miami men’s tennis team fell in the semifinals of the Seminole Invitational Sunday at Florida State.

Sophomore Carl Sundberg’s three-match win streak was snapped against Florida freshman Carlos Cueto in a 6-0, 6-2 loss.

Sundberg and sophomore Hector Nieto dropped their doubles match 8-4 to Auburn senior Lukas Marsoun and freshman Alexander Stamchev, while sophomore Keith Crowley and freshman Ignacio Taboada lost to Louisville’s 26th-ranked duo of sophomores Simon Childs and Austen Childs, 8-2.

WOMEN’S TENNIS

Kissell places in three-day California tournament

Sophomore Michaela Kissell finished fifth in singles play Sunday at the Duals in the Desert Classic in Palm Desert, Calif.

Ranked 49th in ITA’s preseason poll, Kissell defeated No. 23 junior Katrina Tsang of North Carolina, 6-1, 6-2.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The life of a fullback isn’t always glamorous, even 15 years ago before the position was essentially ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

The Canes are the top team in Pool D, joined by No. 5 North Carolina and No. 9 Virginia. ...

The matchups are set for the NCAA Singles Championship and NCAA Doubles Championship at the USTA Nat ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is the ITA Southeast Region Arthur Ashe ...