Sports Briefs

FOOTBALL

Harris earns weekly honor

Freshman quarterback Jacory Harris earned the honor of Atlantic Coast Conference Rookie of the Week for the third time this season.

The 6’4″ Miami, Fla., native threw the game-tying and game-winning touchdowns in Miami’s 24-17 overtime victory against Virginia Saturday afternoon.

MEN’S TENNIS

Canes exit prematurely at Seminole Invitational

The University of Miami men’s tennis team fell in the semifinals of the Seminole Invitational Sunday at Florida State.

Sophomore Carl Sundberg’s three-match win streak was snapped against Florida freshman Carlos Cueto in a 6-0, 6-2 loss.

Sundberg and sophomore Hector Nieto dropped their doubles match 8-4 to Auburn senior Lukas Marsoun and freshman Alexander Stamchev, while sophomore Keith Crowley and freshman Ignacio Taboada lost to Louisville’s 26th-ranked duo of sophomores Simon Childs and Austen Childs, 8-2.

WOMEN’S TENNIS

Kissell places in three-day California tournament

Sophomore Michaela Kissell finished fifth in singles play Sunday at the Duals in the Desert Classic in Palm Desert, Calif.

Ranked 49th in ITA’s preseason poll, Kissell defeated No. 23 junior Katrina Tsang of North Carolina, 6-1, 6-2.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...