Sports Briefs

FOOTBALL

Harris earns weekly honor

Freshman quarterback Jacory Harris earned the honor of Atlantic Coast Conference Rookie of the Week for the third time this season.

The 6’4″ Miami, Fla., native threw the game-tying and game-winning touchdowns in Miami’s 24-17 overtime victory against Virginia Saturday afternoon.

MEN’S TENNIS

Canes exit prematurely at Seminole Invitational

The University of Miami men’s tennis team fell in the semifinals of the Seminole Invitational Sunday at Florida State.

Sophomore Carl Sundberg’s three-match win streak was snapped against Florida freshman Carlos Cueto in a 6-0, 6-2 loss.

Sundberg and sophomore Hector Nieto dropped their doubles match 8-4 to Auburn senior Lukas Marsoun and freshman Alexander Stamchev, while sophomore Keith Crowley and freshman Ignacio Taboada lost to Louisville’s 26th-ranked duo of sophomores Simon Childs and Austen Childs, 8-2.

WOMEN’S TENNIS

Kissell places in three-day California tournament

Sophomore Michaela Kissell finished fifth in singles play Sunday at the Duals in the Desert Classic in Palm Desert, Calif.

Ranked 49th in ITA’s preseason poll, Kissell defeated No. 23 junior Katrina Tsang of North Carolina, 6-1, 6-2.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...