Our opinion: Time to relax after grueling campaign season

So now the election is over. All the hubbub has come to an end and we are left with the first president-elect of a non-white ethnicity in the history of our nation. Many of us fought long and hard to ensure our desired candidate was the 44th president of the United States. For the supporters of Sen. John McCain, he went out strong and ended with his best speech of the election season. For those who supported Sen. Barack Obama, well, congratulations. The throngs of celebrating people in the streets Tuesday night attests to the joy shared by Obamaniacs across the country.

Whether you like him or not, he will be our president and we must hope and pray that he holds up his end of the bargain.

But where does all the vibe go now that the game is over? Is every day supposed to be the start to the new beginning? Today just feels like any other Thursday.

The fact is that the entire process took a toll on all of us. It was long and arduous and we’re all spent. A 21-month campaigning season is ridiculous. In the future, primaries could be moved later, making everyone’s life a little less stress-packed.

Enough bickering though. It is unbelievable how the youth vote turned out. Our age group propelled our president-elect to the White House and he is well aware of this. It is a serious statement of our time and our generation. We are no longer in the “olden days.” Our generation is colorblind and that fact is substantiated by the polls.

We all deserve a hefty pat on the back for (1) dealing with all of the campaign nonsense, (2) voting and (3) making history.

Congratulations America.

Editorial Board

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...