Letters to the Editor

Look at the bright side

Obama for the most part, had good advisers. The cabinet he chooses will be the most demonstrative way he will define his office.

Either way, he has a huge challenge ahead of him, one that will require both sides of the aisle to cooperate and will have his hand held by senior advisers all along the way. He will be closely monitored. I am also of the belief that the media that elevated him to this stratospheric height will now use all of their influence to destabilize him going forward, as it will be further incentive for them to sell newspapers and gain traction. They have no morals, ethics or transient loyalties.

This morning, while waiting at the train station near East Orange, N.J., I overheard the enthusiasm and elation of the African Americans that were waiting with me on the platform. To a minority that has been marginalized and victims of prejudice for generations, I could see how important this event was for them. It is life altering. I just hope that they use this constructively and relinquish the need to cling to the anger of the radical leaders they chose to guide them and become motivated by their pride, achievement and patriotism.

The policy issues the Obama administration will promote are still controversial, and when the euphoria ends we will be left with intimidating economic, domestic and international hurdles, and even though there may be “change” in this country, we will still be reminded that we live in a very dangerous world that leaves us with very much of the same.

– Adam Jones Lamont

Class of 2001

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...