Sports Briefs

CROSS COUNTRY

Both teams compete in ACC championships

The University of Miami men’s and women’s cross country teams finished 12th at the ACC championships Saturday morning at the University of North Carolina, in the season’s final meet.

Freshman Anna Bona’s time of 23:38.7 in the 5K race was best for the women, while senior Andrew Chuplis ran a season-best 26:58.0 to lead the men.

ROWING

Hurricanes sweep all events

The rowing squad collected four top times on Saturday morning at the Shane Watersports Center in Miami Beach, Fla., in a competition against Barry and Nova Southeastern.

Miami’s Varsity Eight, Varsity Four and 2X teams won their races.

Redshirt junior Tara Eddings finished first in singles action with a time of 18:16.2.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

Canes win first of two exhibition games

Four players scored in double digits as the 16th-ranked Hurricanes beat Florida Memorial 71-43 Saturday night at the BankUnited Center.

Junior transfer Cyrus McGowan scored a team-high 12 points.

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

Freshman leads team to victory

The University of Miami women’s basketball team won its first of two exhibition games 62-52 over the Mike White All-Stars Premier Players Friday night at the BankUnited Center.

Freshman Shenise Johnson finished with a double-double as she collected 10 points and 14 rebounds.

FOOTBALL

Bosher named semifinalist for national award

Sophomore kicker/punter Matt Bosher has been named one of the 20 semifinalists for the Lou Groza Collegiate Place-kicker Award, which is given to the nation’s top kicker.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier is not relinquishing that starting job anytime soon. On ...

The Miami Hurricanes don’t just have a marquee season opener against LSU on their hands on Sept. 2. ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Monday: ▪ Here’s one encouraging development this month: The fre ...

The preseason love continues. The Associated Press unveiled its Top 25 preseason rankings Monday, an ...

The Miami Hurricanes on Monday had their first practice after their second scrimmage Saturday night ...

The University of Miami welcomed more than 2,300 new students to campus as the fall semester got und ...

Intergroup Dialogue, a pilot program that will soon become a UM elective course, promotes honest tal ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami checked in at No. 8 in the preseason Associated Press poll, marking its highest position in th ...

Miami and adidas today revealed their new environmentally-conscious alternate uniforms for the 2018 ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team picked up a victory ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...