McCain to visit campus Sunday night; advanced ticketing available

[kml_flashembed movie=”http://ssp.themiamihurricane.com/swf/slideshow.swf” height=”437″ width=”602″ fvars=”xmlfile=http://ssp.themiamihurricane.com/images.php?album=13″ base=”.” allowfullscreen=”true” /]

UPDATED 2:16 P.M. 11/1/08

Republican Presidential nominee John McCain will be visiting the BankUnited Center Sunday night less than 36 hours before polls open in the state of Florida.

According to UM media relations doors will open at 7:30 p.m.  Musical acts Albita, Continental Brass, Carlos Oliva y Los Sobrinos del Juez and Javier Romero will play before the candidate is expected to arrive at 11:30 p.m.

Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin is unexpected to attend this event.

Students and faculty may attend by bringing their Cane Cards. Community members may visit this web site for advanced ticketing. The McCain campaign encourages those who wish to attend to come early. Bags and signs are prohibited inside the BankUnited Center.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane as this story continues to develop.

McCain ticketing website: http://www.johnmccain.com/ste/eventrsvp.aspx?guid=480db497-3bb1-4386-bac7-256e4f1cce28

Matthew Bunch

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...