Suspect arrested in crocodile killing, conference at 3:30

A suspect has been arrested in the killing and mutilation of an American Crocodile found in the university’s canal system, according to University of Miami media relations.

The crime, which occurred in early October shocked the university community and led to thousands of dollars in reward money being offered.  There is no word at this time whether anyone will collect the money.

The UM police department will the holding a press conference at 3:30 p.m. inside the BankUnited Center to give more details about the arrest.

Stay with TheMiamiHurricane.com as this story continues to develop.

Matthew Bunch

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...