Basketball

Men’s basketball ranked No. 16 in ESPN/USA Today Poll

Coming off an impressive season where the Hurricanes played beyond media expectations, the University of Miami men’s basketball team is ranked No. 16 in the preseason ESPN/USA Today Poll.

“It’s certainly some nice recognition of the talent we have on this team and a positive way to start the season,” said fifth-year head coach Frank Haith, whose Hurricanes were ranked as high as No. 19 in the nation last season. “But these rankings don’t guarantee anything. We are going to continue to work hard to ensure we accomplish the goals we have set for ourselves this season.”

The last time the Hurricanes were ranked in the preseason top 25 was going into the 1999-2000 season. That season, the Hurricanes advanced to the the Sweet Sixteen round of the NCAA Tournament.

The Hurricanes open their season at home against Florida Southern on Nov. 15 at 7:30pm.

Pravin Patel

Lucha Latina celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month by highlighting Central American culture. ...

The Frost School of Music’s Valerie Coleman, who heads to Carnegie Hall tonight with the Philadelphi ...

Engineering students at the University of Miami combine inventive materials with a new construction ...

Women’s soccer World Cup champion Megan Rapinoe urged University of Miami students to fight for equa ...

Engineering and business professors met with officials from the City of North Bay Village and Miami- ...

Keith Stone had a bevy of options to pick from when deciding where to spend his final year as a coll ...

University of Miami junior cornerback Trajan Bandy was named ACC Defensive Back of the Week after a ...

Shannon McCarthy and BIIK Kazygurt are set to face off against FC Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champion ...

The Hurricanes got a much-needed conference win Friday night over Virginia. Now Miami looks to build ...

Kristina Fisher registers her 17th career assist to move into second on the program's all-time ...