Basketball

Men’s basketball ranked No. 16 in ESPN/USA Today Poll

Coming off an impressive season where the Hurricanes played beyond media expectations, the University of Miami men’s basketball team is ranked No. 16 in the preseason ESPN/USA Today Poll.

“It’s certainly some nice recognition of the talent we have on this team and a positive way to start the season,” said fifth-year head coach Frank Haith, whose Hurricanes were ranked as high as No. 19 in the nation last season. “But these rankings don’t guarantee anything. We are going to continue to work hard to ensure we accomplish the goals we have set for ourselves this season.”

The last time the Hurricanes were ranked in the preseason top 25 was going into the 1999-2000 season. That season, the Hurricanes advanced to the the Sweet Sixteen round of the NCAA Tournament.

The Hurricanes open their season at home against Florida Southern on Nov. 15 at 7:30pm.

Pravin Patel

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...