Where will you be on October 31?

The sun hits the horizon and the night smothers you suddenly, and it’s on this one night a year that you can be anyone and anything you want to be. Halloween is quickly approaching.

Halloween originated from Samhain, a Celtic Festival celebrating the end of the harvest. It was believed by the ancients Gaels that on Oct. 31, the boundary between the world of the dead and the world of the living ceased to exist and spirits could travel back and forth as they pleased.

Once you’ve decided on your costume of choice, whether it be a naughty cop, toga person, or Gandhi, the real question is: how are you going to spend your evening in the company of the “undead?”

If you’re feeling adventurous, there are a few haunted houses, each with their own unique spin, that may pique your interest. A huge smash in New York City, “Nightmare: Ghost Stories” is an exhibit based on a selection of actual ghost encounters and accounts. Open daily from 7 p.m. to midnight, “Nightmare” features a guided tour and the chance to find your way out of an intense haunted house.

If you want to experience the real thing, there are also opportunities for you to take your chances with the paranormal. A few reputed haunted spots here in Miami include the Biltmore Hotel, which served as a hospital during WWII and offers ghost tours weekly. If you do check out the Biltmore, be sure to stop in on the 13th floor, which has a particularly sinister reputation.

The Ghost Tours of Coconut Grove will provide you with a new look at your local Thursday night hot spots. Are you willing to know the truth about the party spots your frequent, and the guests you may or may not have seen looming there?

Of course there are still swanky parties that are happening around Miami, including Mansion, BED, Space, Cameo, Dek23 and Club Prive; be sure to order your tickets as soon as possible to avoid paying high last minute prices. If you’re interested in heading to SoBe, alternative duo Chromeo will also be performing at Heathrow to celebrate Halloween with Miami. And if you are looking for a more fancy event (which comes with the steep price tag of $125 a ticket) Viscaya is having its own costumed soiree.

Trick-or-treating events will take place early on in the evening at Miracle Mile, while most of CocoWalk will be closed off for pedestrians who will be undoubtedly up to mischief and mayhem later in the evening.  Remember to sign up for the Ibis Ride to the Grove and/or Sunset place to secure a safe and reliable way to get back on campus.

Have you made plans, but are still stuck on costume ideas? Check out costumeideazone.com for tips on making or purchasing a unique costume that will be the talk of the party.

With such an array of events going down this Halloween, you shouldn’t be stuck wishing you’d planned ahead. So, whether it’s your friend’s house party, a haunted house or a stroll through the insanely packed Grove, make the most of this year’s chilly Hallow’s Eve.

Tiffany Agam

Contributing EDGE Writer/Cartoonist

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship of one th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...