South Miami Beat Notebook

Deli Lane and Sunset Tavern are hosting their 7th annual Halloween Bash Friday night, with the theme this year being United States presidents and first ladies. There will be games and contests, including a prize for the best costume. Miami’s own DJ Proof will be there starting at 11 p.m.

There was a ribbon-cutting ceremony at City Hall on Wednesday, officially opening up Sunset Drive from US 1 to S.W. 62nd Avenue. The construction, which has been the first phase of a project called Sunset Drive Improvements, included wider sidewalks, added landscaping, a bus shelter, a new clock tower and a fountain and fish pond in front of City Hall.

Nike Town in South Miami’s Sunset Place is offering a club for runners called the Nike Run Club. Runners can meet up at Nike Town and try out the newest Nike shoes while running between three and seven miles. This gives people the opportunity to learn new routes while getting a good workout. Meetings are available for runners of all levels and are held Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.

The 37th Annual South Miami Art Festival will take place Nov. 1-2 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and will be located on Sunset Drive between US 1 and Red Road. The free festival will include a variety of media as well as international food, live music and activities for children.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...