SG Senate Notes: Oct. 29, 2008

The Academic Affairs Committee is working on expanding the course reserve system. Currently, the reserve system lets teachers submit the books they will use in class to the library and the library will order the supplies. Students can then check out these books from the library for up to three hours. However, many teachers do not take advantage of this program. Academic Affairs is working to overcome this obstacle by getting the course material information from the bookstore and then giving it to the library to order for students. The committee is also working to expand the return date for books to the bookstore to coincide with the last day to drop a course without a W.

The University Affairs Committee is working to get cameras in the parking lots as many students are reporting that their cars are being hit and the perpetrator is driving away.

The Executive Report stated that two new Zipcars are being ordered and should be here in the next few weeks. The totaled Honda CR-V will be replaced as well.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...