Politics: On the trail

Gov. Charlie Crist declared a “state of emergency” Tuesday to extend voting hours statewide from eight to 12 hours for today and tomorrow. On these days, polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

The polls will be open a total of 12 hours on the weekend. Saturday polls will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the polls on Sunday will be open from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Coral Gables Public Library is the closest polling station to the University of Miami, and is located at 3443 Segovia St. in downtown Coral Gables.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Miller School of Medicine students are visiting barbershops to offer free health screenings to Afric ...

With a new name and a continued focus on excellence, students, faculty, and staff are excited about ...

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

Frost School of Music faculty member Carlos Abril highlights how demographic characteristics influen ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

University of Miami redshirt senior Beatrice Mompremier has been named Atlantic Coast Conference Pre ...

Few players in college basketball can boast the same type of winning pedigree as Nysier Brooks and n ...

Keith Stone had a bevy of options to pick from when deciding where to spend his final year as a coll ...

University of Miami student-athletes continued their strong work in the classroom this past year, po ...

University of Miami junior cornerback Trajan Bandy was named ACC Defensive Back of the Week after a ...