Campus Beat Notebook

“Lifeguards,” UM’s  suicide prevention committee, will participate in this year’s American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) Out of the Darkness Community Walk. The walk will raise money for AFSP educational programs and research, helping to prevent suicide, increase awareness about suicide and depression and support those who have lost a loved one to suicide. The 5K walk will take place at Tropical Park in Miami on Saturday at 9 a.m. Transportation will be provided. To sign up, visit www.outofthedarkness.org

The construction of the Robert & Judi Prokop Newman Alumni Center began Monday. This will cause the parking on the north side of the Max Orovitz building to be unavailable until Oct. 31. Access to the parking lot behind Founder’s Hall will only be available from Brescia Avenue. In order to reach the Max Orovitz building, the entrance off of Levante Avenue across from the rainbow building must be used until Saturday.

The Honors Students Association hosted a Halloween Party Tuesday night at the Rat. Prizes were given out for the best costumes. Pool tables and food from the Rat were provided.

Nina Ruggiero

University of Miami Frost School of Music alumni are recognized on Latin music’s biggest night—the 2 ...

A new course is providing students a primer on planning the Super Bowl, one of the biggest events of ...

A week full of spirit, friendly competition and ’Canes pride was on display during Homecoming and Al ...

Griffin Berkenfeld, a University of Miami senior and director of CaneStage’s upcoming production of ...

With public impeachment hearings set to begin Wednesday, University of Miami experts weigh in on wha ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.