Campus Beat Notebook

“Lifeguards,” UM’s  suicide prevention committee, will participate in this year’s American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) Out of the Darkness Community Walk. The walk will raise money for AFSP educational programs and research, helping to prevent suicide, increase awareness about suicide and depression and support those who have lost a loved one to suicide. The 5K walk will take place at Tropical Park in Miami on Saturday at 9 a.m. Transportation will be provided. To sign up, visit www.outofthedarkness.org

The construction of the Robert & Judi Prokop Newman Alumni Center began Monday. This will cause the parking on the north side of the Max Orovitz building to be unavailable until Oct. 31. Access to the parking lot behind Founder’s Hall will only be available from Brescia Avenue. In order to reach the Max Orovitz building, the entrance off of Levante Avenue across from the rainbow building must be used until Saturday.

The Honors Students Association hosted a Halloween Party Tuesday night at the Rat. Prizes were given out for the best costumes. Pool tables and food from the Rat were provided.

Nina Ruggiero

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...