Campus Beat Notebook

“Lifeguards,” UM’s  suicide prevention committee, will participate in this year’s American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) Out of the Darkness Community Walk. The walk will raise money for AFSP educational programs and research, helping to prevent suicide, increase awareness about suicide and depression and support those who have lost a loved one to suicide. The 5K walk will take place at Tropical Park in Miami on Saturday at 9 a.m. Transportation will be provided. To sign up, visit www.outofthedarkness.org

The construction of the Robert & Judi Prokop Newman Alumni Center began Monday. This will cause the parking on the north side of the Max Orovitz building to be unavailable until Oct. 31. Access to the parking lot behind Founder’s Hall will only be available from Brescia Avenue. In order to reach the Max Orovitz building, the entrance off of Levante Avenue across from the rainbow building must be used until Saturday.

The Honors Students Association hosted a Halloween Party Tuesday night at the Rat. Prizes were given out for the best costumes. Pool tables and food from the Rat were provided.

Nina Ruggiero

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...