Spotted On Site: George Kaminis

Tanya Thompson // Hurricane Staff

George Kaminis, a senior majoring in marine affairs with minors in art and business, is nearing the end of his stay at the University of Miami as he graduates at the end of this semester. He discusses both his life and his time at the university through the perspective of an international student from Athens, Greece.

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: Where are you from?

George Kaminis: Athens, Greece.

TMH: Why did you come to the University of Miami?

GK: I got in as a marine science biology major and Miami is one of the best. And then once I got here I switched to marine affairs, business, and art.

TMH: Why an art minor, what got you interested?

GK: It is something I could always get A’s in. Also, art is more hands on. Everything else is tedious and boring.

TMH: Do you have any friends or family in Miami?

GK: No, I’m all alone.

TMH: Can you teach me to say something in Greek?

GK: Sure, hello is: ΓΕΙΑ ΣΟΥ, pronounced “ya-sue.”

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...