Spotted On Site: George Kaminis

Tanya Thompson // Hurricane Staff

George Kaminis, a senior majoring in marine affairs with minors in art and business, is nearing the end of his stay at the University of Miami as he graduates at the end of this semester. He discusses both his life and his time at the university through the perspective of an international student from Athens, Greece.

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: Where are you from?

George Kaminis: Athens, Greece.

TMH: Why did you come to the University of Miami?

GK: I got in as a marine science biology major and Miami is one of the best. And then once I got here I switched to marine affairs, business, and art.

TMH: Why an art minor, what got you interested?

GK: It is something I could always get A’s in. Also, art is more hands on. Everything else is tedious and boring.

TMH: Do you have any friends or family in Miami?

GK: No, I’m all alone.

TMH: Can you teach me to say something in Greek?

GK: Sure, hello is: ΓΕΙΑ ΣΟΥ, pronounced “ya-sue.”

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

University of Miami Frost School of Music alumni are recognized on Latin music’s biggest night—the 2 ...

A new course is providing students a primer on planning the Super Bowl, one of the biggest events of ...

A week full of spirit, friendly competition and ’Canes pride was on display during Homecoming and Al ...

Griffin Berkenfeld, a University of Miami senior and director of CaneStage’s upcoming production of ...

With public impeachment hearings set to begin Wednesday, University of Miami experts weigh in on wha ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.