Spotted On Site: George Kaminis

Tanya Thompson // Hurricane Staff

George Kaminis, a senior majoring in marine affairs with minors in art and business, is nearing the end of his stay at the University of Miami as he graduates at the end of this semester. He discusses both his life and his time at the university through the perspective of an international student from Athens, Greece.

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: Where are you from?

George Kaminis: Athens, Greece.

TMH: Why did you come to the University of Miami?

GK: I got in as a marine science biology major and Miami is one of the best. And then once I got here I switched to marine affairs, business, and art.

TMH: Why an art minor, what got you interested?

GK: It is something I could always get A’s in. Also, art is more hands on. Everything else is tedious and boring.

TMH: Do you have any friends or family in Miami?

GK: No, I’m all alone.

TMH: Can you teach me to say something in Greek?

GK: Sure, hello is: ΓΕΙΑ ΣΟΥ, pronounced “ya-sue.”

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...