Spotted On Site: George Kaminis

Tanya Thompson // Hurricane Staff

George Kaminis, a senior majoring in marine affairs with minors in art and business, is nearing the end of his stay at the University of Miami as he graduates at the end of this semester. He discusses both his life and his time at the university through the perspective of an international student from Athens, Greece.

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: Where are you from?

George Kaminis: Athens, Greece.

TMH: Why did you come to the University of Miami?

GK: I got in as a marine science biology major and Miami is one of the best. And then once I got here I switched to marine affairs, business, and art.

TMH: Why an art minor, what got you interested?

GK: It is something I could always get A’s in. Also, art is more hands on. Everything else is tedious and boring.

TMH: Do you have any friends or family in Miami?

GK: No, I’m all alone.

TMH: Can you teach me to say something in Greek?

GK: Sure, hello is: ΓΕΙΑ ΣΟΥ, pronounced “ya-sue.”

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

3 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Spotted On Site: George Kaminis”

1. Rick Ceppi says:

Congrats on your achievement – it seems just like yesterday when I saw you as a new born in Daytona Beach and now seeing you all grown up and ready to take on the world – it is just great. Wishing you all the success you deserve in your future… All the best from all of us…

2. Lori DeLoera says:

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation. I have no doubt that you will excel in any career path you choose. You are one of the very nicest people I have come in contact with, and are a very good example of humanity. Take care and God Bless.

3. I am very proud of my son not so much because of his Academic excellence but mainly because of his maturity as an individual. I happy to see that being an American citizen of Greek upbringing he manages to combine the best of both worlds. Attending the best school made things even greater for George. See you all Dec 18th on graduation day.
    Go UM… God Bless America