RSMAS Beat Notebook

A few faculty members from the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS) were left soaking wet Oct. 18, including the school’s dean, Otis Brown. RSMAS hosted an open house where more than 200 faculty, staff, students and their families toured several labs and the school’s hatchery on Virginia Key. The event’s main attraction was a dunk tank that featured the faculty and staff of RSMAS. Parties by Pat, an event planning company, donated the lunch that was served, and many contributed $5 for their plate to benefit the United Way of Miami-Dade County, an advocacy organization aimed towards improving the community. Overall, the event raised $1,526.

Analisa Harangozo

Staff News Writer

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...