RSMAS Beat Notebook

A few faculty members from the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS) were left soaking wet Oct. 18, including the school’s dean, Otis Brown. RSMAS hosted an open house where more than 200 faculty, staff, students and their families toured several labs and the school’s hatchery on Virginia Key. The event’s main attraction was a dunk tank that featured the faculty and staff of RSMAS. Parties by Pat, an event planning company, donated the lunch that was served, and many contributed $5 for their plate to benefit the United Way of Miami-Dade County, an advocacy organization aimed towards improving the community. Overall, the event raised $1,526.

Analisa Harangozo

Staff News Writer

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship of one th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...