RSMAS Beat Notebook

A few faculty members from the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS) were left soaking wet Oct. 18, including the school’s dean, Otis Brown. RSMAS hosted an open house where more than 200 faculty, staff, students and their families toured several labs and the school’s hatchery on Virginia Key. The event’s main attraction was a dunk tank that featured the faculty and staff of RSMAS. Parties by Pat, an event planning company, donated the lunch that was served, and many contributed $5 for their plate to benefit the United Way of Miami-Dade County, an advocacy organization aimed towards improving the community. Overall, the event raised $1,526.

Analisa Harangozo

Staff News Writer

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...