RSMAS Beat Notebook

A few faculty members from the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS) were left soaking wet Oct. 18, including the school’s dean, Otis Brown. RSMAS hosted an open house where more than 200 faculty, staff, students and their families toured several labs and the school’s hatchery on Virginia Key. The event’s main attraction was a dunk tank that featured the faculty and staff of RSMAS. Parties by Pat, an event planning company, donated the lunch that was served, and many contributed $5 for their plate to benefit the United Way of Miami-Dade County, an advocacy organization aimed towards improving the community. Overall, the event raised $1,526.

Analisa Harangozo

Staff News Writer

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...