RSMAS Beat Notebook

A few faculty members from the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS) were left soaking wet Oct. 18, including the school’s dean, Otis Brown. RSMAS hosted an open house where more than 200 faculty, staff, students and their families toured several labs and the school’s hatchery on Virginia Key. The event’s main attraction was a dunk tank that featured the faculty and staff of RSMAS. Parties by Pat, an event planning company, donated the lunch that was served, and many contributed $5 for their plate to benefit the United Way of Miami-Dade County, an advocacy organization aimed towards improving the community. Overall, the event raised $1,526.

Analisa Harangozo

Staff News Writer

With remarks by entrepreneur and alumnus Rony Abovitz, a recent event at the Kislak Center showcased ...

A UM student retention task force is working to ensure that all first-year students feel at home. ...

A new School of Nursing and Health Studies’ initiative delivers critical health care for Miami’s hom ...

As part of the Leadership UMiami program, students heard from community leaders who spend their care ...

Miller School of Medicine doctors are providing assistance on Great Abaco Island, where survivors of ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.