Politics: On the trail

According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Friday, seven out of 10 Americans say race will not be a factor when they cast their vote for president. When this question was asked in July, 61 percent of the people questioned said race would not be a factor.

Half of the people polled said age would affect their vote. If Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain wins the election, he will be the oldest inaugurated president at 72.

The poll’s sampling error was plus or minus 3 percent.

Presidential and congressional campaign costs will total $5.3 billion, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. This election is the most expensive in history, doubling the amount of money spent in 2000. The presidential race has cost $2.4 billion.

– Information from CNN and The New York Times

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...