Politics: On the trail

According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Friday, seven out of 10 Americans say race will not be a factor when they cast their vote for president. When this question was asked in July, 61 percent of the people questioned said race would not be a factor.

Half of the people polled said age would affect their vote. If Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain wins the election, he will be the oldest inaugurated president at 72.

The poll’s sampling error was plus or minus 3 percent.

Presidential and congressional campaign costs will total $5.3 billion, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. This election is the most expensive in history, doubling the amount of money spent in 2000. The presidential race has cost $2.4 billion.

– Information from CNN and The New York Times

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The life of a fullback isn’t always glamorous, even 15 years ago before the position was essentially ...

The start to spring practice this year came with a long delay for Xzavier Henderson. In addition to ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is the ITA Southeast Region Arthur Ashe ...

100 days until Miami – Florida LVI. The countdown is on. ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...