Hurricane Howl concert brings in 4,500 attendees, tops last year

Approximately 4,500 attendees came to the University of Miami’s Homecoming Howl concert, featuring Kidz in the Hall and N*E*R*D, which took place at the University Green on Friday from 9:30 p.m. to midnight.

The event boasted roughly 500 more attendees than last year’s Hurricane Howl, which had approximately 4000 concertgoers.

Some students bounced to popular party songs such as N*E*R*D’s “Lapdance” and “Rock Star,” and became familiar with the lesser-known Kidz in the Hall’s “Drivin’ Down The Block.”

Break dancing, moshing and crowd-surfing added to the loud excitement of the show.

The aftereffects of the event could be seen the next day as the normally freshly mowed University Green had turned hazel and disheveled by thousands of dancing feet the evening before.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

A University of Miami political scientist weighs in on whether election polls can be trusted given what occurred in 2016 and again last year. ...

A professor in the School of Communication, and an expert on the history of television sitcoms, writes about the 50th anniversary of “All in the Family.” ...

The former executive vice president and provost served from 1986 to 2005, elevating the University’s stature as a leading research institution. ...

The Hemispheric University Consortium is connecting universities and students for critical conversations focused on solving some of the world’s most pressing problems, such as climate change. ...

Experts say creativity and kindness can help make the most of this challenging holiday season. ...