Hurricane Howl concert brings in 4,500 attendees, tops last year

Approximately 4,500 attendees came to the University of Miami’s Homecoming Howl concert, featuring Kidz in the Hall and N*E*R*D, which took place at the University Green on Friday from 9:30 p.m. to midnight.

The event boasted roughly 500 more attendees than last year’s Hurricane Howl, which had approximately 4000 concertgoers.

Some students bounced to popular party songs such as N*E*R*D’s “Lapdance” and “Rock Star,” and became familiar with the lesser-known Kidz in the Hall’s “Drivin’ Down The Block.”

Break dancing, moshing and crowd-surfing added to the loud excitement of the show.

The aftereffects of the event could be seen the next day as the normally freshly mowed University Green had turned hazel and disheveled by thousands of dancing feet the evening before.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...