Hurricane Howl concert brings in 4,500 attendees, tops last year

Approximately 4,500 attendees came to the University of Miami’s Homecoming Howl concert, featuring Kidz in the Hall and N*E*R*D, which took place at the University Green on Friday from 9:30 p.m. to midnight.

The event boasted roughly 500 more attendees than last year’s Hurricane Howl, which had approximately 4000 concertgoers.

Some students bounced to popular party songs such as N*E*R*D’s “Lapdance” and “Rock Star,” and became familiar with the lesser-known Kidz in the Hall’s “Drivin’ Down The Block.”

Break dancing, moshing and crowd-surfing added to the loud excitement of the show.

The aftereffects of the event could be seen the next day as the normally freshly mowed University Green had turned hazel and disheveled by thousands of dancing feet the evening before.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

Junior Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team opened the 2018 fall campaign fo ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will return to the courts Friday morning, opening up ...

The University of Miami soccer team fell to 12th-ranked Duke, 2-0, Thursday night in front a packed ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...