Actor Matt Damon to promote early voting for Obama at UM on Monday

Matt Damon 

Matt Damon

Actor Matt Damon will visit the University of Miami on Monday to speak at an early voting rally on the UC Rock on behalf of the Barack Obama campaign, according to an Obama For America student intern. The event will begin at noon.

Damon, along with actresses Kerry Washington and Alicia Silverstone, will also appear at VoteFest ’08, an all-day music festival funded by the Miami-Dade Democratic Party to promote early voting. The three will speak in the evening at the event, taking place Sunday at the Art Deco North Shore Bandshell on Collins Avenue and 73rd Street on Miami Beach.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...