Actor Matt Damon to promote early voting for Obama at UM on Monday

Matt Damon 

Matt Damon

Actor Matt Damon will visit the University of Miami on Monday to speak at an early voting rally on the UC Rock on behalf of the Barack Obama campaign, according to an Obama For America student intern. The event will begin at noon.

Damon, along with actresses Kerry Washington and Alicia Silverstone, will also appear at VoteFest ’08, an all-day music festival funded by the Miami-Dade Democratic Party to promote early voting. The three will speak in the evening at the event, taking place Sunday at the Art Deco North Shore Bandshell on Collins Avenue and 73rd Street on Miami Beach.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team posted a 6-2, 6-0 victory against No. 5 ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...