Actor Matt Damon to promote early voting for Obama at UM on Monday

Matt Damon 

Matt Damon

Actor Matt Damon will visit the University of Miami on Monday to speak at an early voting rally on the UC Rock on behalf of the Barack Obama campaign, according to an Obama For America student intern. The event will begin at noon.

Damon, along with actresses Kerry Washington and Alicia Silverstone, will also appear at VoteFest ’08, an all-day music festival funded by the Miami-Dade Democratic Party to promote early voting. The three will speak in the evening at the event, taking place Sunday at the Art Deco North Shore Bandshell on Collins Avenue and 73rd Street on Miami Beach.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...