Talking hot grandmas with Clark Duke, star of ‘Sex Drive’

Amish sex, bodily functions mixed with sex, running naked through fields after sex. Given the various scenes in actor Clark Duke’s new film, it’s no wonder the movie is titled Sex Drive. The film’s tale about a road trip for two high school buddies and their best chick friend is bringing on the giggles for moviegoers across the nation. The Miami Hurricane caught up with Clark Duke just minutes after the Miami screening of Sex Drive on Oct. 8. From Duke’s ways with the ladies to his next movie with Eddie Murphy, nothing was off limits. 

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: You just got hit on by a couple really hot grandmas.

Clark Duke: I did. I told them to wait outside.

TMH: So are we holding you up?

CD: No, they’re waiting. They’ve got nothing to do.  

TMH: If you had to describe this movie to someone who hasn’t seen the trailer or anything, what would you say?

CD: I would say it’s just a really fun teen sex comedy that I think appeals to a broader audience than what the poster might imply. I would encourage anyone who likes comedies to go watch it.  

TMH: The audience was laughing the entire time. It’s reminiscent of some teen comidies, but something was different about it. What would you say influenced this movie?

CD: This one is influenced a lot by the great ‘80s teen comedies. The John Hughes movies, the John Cusack movies from the ‘80s more than any current stuff. 

TMH: After seeing the audience’s reaction, what do you guys think you have on your hands here?

CD: I’m just so glad that people like the movie. Our only goal throughout the whole thing was to make a funny movie. Based on the audience, I think we did. I can’t hope for a whole lot more than that.  

TMH: You told me that you guys shot this in South Florida. How did you make South Florida look so hillbilly? I mean, have you been to South Beach?

CD: I have. I loved it down here. We [shot here]for three months. I had a blast, but we had to CGI out a lot of palm trees. That was the only big hold-up.  

TMH: Why did you shoot down here, out of all the places to shoot?

CD: I think just the variety of locations. I think Florida gives a really big tax break to film productions is the real answer.  

TMH: You have a movie coming out with Eddie Murphy next year.

CD: Yeah, it’s called A Thousand Words. I play Eddie’s assistant. Eddie has a curse put on him so he only has a thousand words to say before he dies. He can’t talk for most of the film, so I have to interpret for him and figure out what he wants me to do.

Nick Maslow

Of the Staff

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

The Miami Hurricanes are usually off on Mondays. But today, the Canes (5-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Confe ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...