Zogby speaks on young voters at Cosford

John Zogby, one of the nation’s top pollsters, spoke at the Cosford Cinema on Thursday about the upcoming presidential election and his new book, The Way We’ll Be.

“I’m not sure how many young people read position papers or newspapers day in and day out,” Zogby said. He believes young voters are especially influenced by image, issues of trust and character. “There is much more involvement [from young voters]this year. The Internet and social networking have made a substantial difference.”

Zogby thinks that voters aged 18 to 29 will have a high voter turn-out this year. If young voters can reach 19 percent of the vote, which Zogby believes they have a good chance of doing, they will equal the number of votes cast by the senior citizens, the group perceived to have the highest turnout.

Zogby’s appearance was the latest part of the “A Dialogue for Democracy” series. The next event in the series is a concert by Bruce Hornsby, followed by a presentation by well-known political analysts James Carville and Mary Matalin on Oct. 28.

Mark Daniels

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...