South Miami Beat Notebook

The city of South Miami will have a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the completion of the Sunset Drive Improvements Project and to officially open up Sunset Drive from US 1 to SW 62nd Ave. The project includes improvements to landscaped mediums, a new bus shelter and wider sidewalk and street pavers. The event is next Wednesday at 3:45 p.m. at 6130 Sunset Dr.

The South Miami Art Festival is coming to Sunset Drive Nov. 1 and 2. Visitors can browse or buy works from the many stalls at this lively arts and crafts fair. Visitors will have the opportunity to meet and talk with the different artists. More than 170 exhibits will be held outdoors at this juried fine arts show.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...