South Miami Beat Notebook

The city of South Miami will have a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the completion of the Sunset Drive Improvements Project and to officially open up Sunset Drive from US 1 to SW 62nd Ave. The project includes improvements to landscaped mediums, a new bus shelter and wider sidewalk and street pavers. The event is next Wednesday at 3:45 p.m. at 6130 Sunset Dr.

The South Miami Art Festival is coming to Sunset Drive Nov. 1 and 2. Visitors can browse or buy works from the many stalls at this lively arts and crafts fair. Visitors will have the opportunity to meet and talk with the different artists. More than 170 exhibits will be held outdoors at this juried fine arts show.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...