South Miami Beat Notebook

The city of South Miami will have a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the completion of the Sunset Drive Improvements Project and to officially open up Sunset Drive from US 1 to SW 62nd Ave. The project includes improvements to landscaped mediums, a new bus shelter and wider sidewalk and street pavers. The event is next Wednesday at 3:45 p.m. at 6130 Sunset Dr.

The South Miami Art Festival is coming to Sunset Drive Nov. 1 and 2. Visitors can browse or buy works from the many stalls at this lively arts and crafts fair. Visitors will have the opportunity to meet and talk with the different artists. More than 170 exhibits will be held outdoors at this juried fine arts show.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

University of Miami experts discuss the potential mental health impacts in the Bahamas following Hur ...

The Fall Lecture series explores topics on accelerated resolution therapy treatments, pain managemen ...

As the Bahamas urges tourists to visit its islands unaffected by Hurricane Dorian, University of Mia ...

Katya Saunders, president of the Bahamian Students Association, is leading a relief effort to help h ...

The uniqueness of the University of Miami—as a place to live, learn, share knowledge, and innovate—s ...

This weekend, Canes men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric became a U.S. Citizen – and reflected on th ...

The Hurricanes opened their five-game homestand on Saturday with a big win over Bethune-Cookman and, ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was named ACC Rookie of the Week a ...

The Hurricanes' deep and talented receiving corps put on a show Saturday against Bethune-Cookma ...

Miami opens conference action Saturday against Virginia Tech. ...