South Miami Beat Notebook

The city of South Miami will have a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the completion of the Sunset Drive Improvements Project and to officially open up Sunset Drive from US 1 to SW 62nd Ave. The project includes improvements to landscaped mediums, a new bus shelter and wider sidewalk and street pavers. The event is next Wednesday at 3:45 p.m. at 6130 Sunset Dr.

The South Miami Art Festival is coming to Sunset Drive Nov. 1 and 2. Visitors can browse or buy works from the many stalls at this lively arts and crafts fair. Visitors will have the opportunity to meet and talk with the different artists. More than 170 exhibits will be held outdoors at this juried fine arts show.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

University of Miami students and staff were given fellowships and awards that will allow them to pur

University of Miami President Julio Frenk joins ecologist Simon Levin for a webinar that will explor

The Miami Herbert Business School announced that a student-led committee will commission artwork for

A tireless physician who was always on call, Dr. Sayfie made patients partners in their care.

The temporary move to drop standardized testing requirements will hopefully eliminate some of the st