Weekend Playlist 5.0

“Talk That Shit” – Timbaland feat. T-Pain & Missy Elliot: Three of pop music’s biggest hit-makers get together to make this cocky and catchy single that’s going to be taking over radio waves quicker you can say Tallahassee Pain.

“Love and Appreciate II” – Murs feat. Tyler Woods: “You used to try to play hard/Now you buying chocolate and Valentine’s cards/And man, that’s a good thing/Showing these kids what the word love should mean.” Ladies, enjoy a nice serenade from rapper Murs, and men, take a much needed lesson in love and appreciation from the L.A. native.

“Boyz (Remix feat. Wale)” – M.I.A.: The only thing better than “Paper Planes” by M.I.A.? Another up-tempo and incomprehensible single by the Sri Lankan pop singer. This time around, D.C.-based rapper Wale hops on the remix and reminds us he’s the quickest and wittiest rapper to hop on an M.I.A. remix thus far.

“Get Up” – 50 Cent: The incomparable Fiddy releases what’s expected to be his first single from upcoming album Before I Self-Destruct. Love him or hate him, the “King of New York” has a knack for getting you up to dance your buns off.

“Anti Matter” – N*E*R*D: If this heavy guitar-laced party track doesn’t get you excited for next week’s homecoming show, nothing will. The boys tore down South Beach last weekend with Common – look for them to do the same for this year’s Howl.

Dan Buyanovsky

Senior Writer

Seniors Emily Gossett, Millie Chokshi, and Jason Kaplan are eager to implement their platform throug ...

Follow the sights and sounds of the pregame festivities in Orlando leading up to Saturday’s big game ...

A team of researchers created the first mapping model of its kind to track how hate spreads and adap ...

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

The Hurricanes take center stage Saturday as the nation begins celebrating college football's 1 ...

Head coach Manny Diaz and The New Miami will make their debut against an old rival, facing No. 8 Flo ...

Freshman midfielder Ine Østmo joined the Hurricanes in January as an early enrolee from Mandal, Norw ...

Senior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney and Zach McCloud have already made history ...

UM women's soccer opened its 2019 campaign by blowing past UTRGV, 4-0. ...