Weekend Playlist 5.0

“Talk That Shit” – Timbaland feat. T-Pain & Missy Elliot: Three of pop music’s biggest hit-makers get together to make this cocky and catchy single that’s going to be taking over radio waves quicker you can say Tallahassee Pain.

“Love and Appreciate II” – Murs feat. Tyler Woods: “You used to try to play hard/Now you buying chocolate and Valentine’s cards/And man, that’s a good thing/Showing these kids what the word love should mean.” Ladies, enjoy a nice serenade from rapper Murs, and men, take a much needed lesson in love and appreciation from the L.A. native.

“Boyz (Remix feat. Wale)” – M.I.A.: The only thing better than “Paper Planes” by M.I.A.? Another up-tempo and incomprehensible single by the Sri Lankan pop singer. This time around, D.C.-based rapper Wale hops on the remix and reminds us he’s the quickest and wittiest rapper to hop on an M.I.A. remix thus far.

“Get Up” – 50 Cent: The incomparable Fiddy releases what’s expected to be his first single from upcoming album Before I Self-Destruct. Love him or hate him, the “King of New York” has a knack for getting you up to dance your buns off.

“Anti Matter” – N*E*R*D: If this heavy guitar-laced party track doesn’t get you excited for next week’s homecoming show, nothing will. The boys tore down South Beach last weekend with Common – look for them to do the same for this year’s Howl.

Dan Buyanovsky

Senior Writer

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...