Weekend Playlist 5.0

“Talk That Shit” – Timbaland feat. T-Pain & Missy Elliot: Three of pop music’s biggest hit-makers get together to make this cocky and catchy single that’s going to be taking over radio waves quicker you can say Tallahassee Pain.

“Love and Appreciate II” – Murs feat. Tyler Woods: “You used to try to play hard/Now you buying chocolate and Valentine’s cards/And man, that’s a good thing/Showing these kids what the word love should mean.” Ladies, enjoy a nice serenade from rapper Murs, and men, take a much needed lesson in love and appreciation from the L.A. native.

“Boyz (Remix feat. Wale)” – M.I.A.: The only thing better than “Paper Planes” by M.I.A.? Another up-tempo and incomprehensible single by the Sri Lankan pop singer. This time around, D.C.-based rapper Wale hops on the remix and reminds us he’s the quickest and wittiest rapper to hop on an M.I.A. remix thus far.

“Get Up” – 50 Cent: The incomparable Fiddy releases what’s expected to be his first single from upcoming album Before I Self-Destruct. Love him or hate him, the “King of New York” has a knack for getting you up to dance your buns off.

“Anti Matter” – N*E*R*D: If this heavy guitar-laced party track doesn’t get you excited for next week’s homecoming show, nothing will. The boys tore down South Beach last weekend with Common – look for them to do the same for this year’s Howl.

Dan Buyanovsky

Senior Writer

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

View photos from the Bethune-Cookman wildcats at Miami Hurricanes in a NCAA college basketball game ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...