Restaurant Review: Le P’tit Paris is nearly the complete package

With the new restaurant & café Le P’tit Paris, Coconut Grove offers tourists and locals an affordable escape to Europe.

The rich red couches complete with decorative pillows make this Paris-style sidewalk café instantly welcoming. It appears swanky yet unpretentious and the friendly staff adds to the relaxing atmosphere. The bar inside is equally appealing with dark hardwood floors, scarlet walls and iron chandeliers. However, with only three tables inside, the outside seating area is clearly the restaurant’s highlight.

As I was seated, I took notice of the elegant place settings which made the table seem polished and inviting. I was pleasantly surprised by the moderate prices when I scanned the menu, with appetizers ranging from $6 to $12 and entrees starting at $13. Even wine and champagne were generally inexpensive with choices offered at $7 per glass. For wine connoisseurs, more expensive options are available.

After much deliberation, my friend and I decided to order bruschetta for an appetizer. The dish arrived only about three minutes after I placed my order. Both the bread and tomatoes were incredibly fresh and flavorful, and the portion was ideal for two.

As for my main course, I bypassed a variety of steaks and fillets for chicken alfredo. Ironically, my Italian friend described this dish as one of the best pasta dishes she’s had and it was served at a French restaurant. The chicken was moist and savory and the alfredo sauce was creamy but not heavy. Again, the portion was perfect – I barely had any leftovers!

I was sufficiently full by the time dessert rolled around but still ordered a piece of chocolate cake to sample. Unfortunately, I was extremely disappointed with my dessert. It was obvious that the cake was not baked at the restaurant. Even worse, it was also obvious that it was just taken out of a refrigerator and plopped on to a plate. After only one bite I decided I’d had enough.

The classy décor, friendly atmosphere and delicious food make Le P’tit Paris a great new addition to the Grove. The moderate pricing is ideal for students on a budget.  If only the desserts were as fresh as the rest of the menu, this cozy café would have the complete package.

Rating: 3 out of 4 stars

Le P’tit Paris
3464 Main Highway
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
(305) 445-7331
www.leptitparis.us

View Larger Map

Kendall Sale

Contributing EDGE Writer

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...