Restaurant Review: Le P’tit Paris is nearly the complete package

With the new restaurant & café Le P’tit Paris, Coconut Grove offers tourists and locals an affordable escape to Europe.

The rich red couches complete with decorative pillows make this Paris-style sidewalk café instantly welcoming. It appears swanky yet unpretentious and the friendly staff adds to the relaxing atmosphere. The bar inside is equally appealing with dark hardwood floors, scarlet walls and iron chandeliers. However, with only three tables inside, the outside seating area is clearly the restaurant’s highlight.

As I was seated, I took notice of the elegant place settings which made the table seem polished and inviting. I was pleasantly surprised by the moderate prices when I scanned the menu, with appetizers ranging from $6 to $12 and entrees starting at $13. Even wine and champagne were generally inexpensive with choices offered at $7 per glass. For wine connoisseurs, more expensive options are available.

After much deliberation, my friend and I decided to order bruschetta for an appetizer. The dish arrived only about three minutes after I placed my order. Both the bread and tomatoes were incredibly fresh and flavorful, and the portion was ideal for two.

As for my main course, I bypassed a variety of steaks and fillets for chicken alfredo. Ironically, my Italian friend described this dish as one of the best pasta dishes she’s had and it was served at a French restaurant. The chicken was moist and savory and the alfredo sauce was creamy but not heavy. Again, the portion was perfect – I barely had any leftovers!

I was sufficiently full by the time dessert rolled around but still ordered a piece of chocolate cake to sample. Unfortunately, I was extremely disappointed with my dessert. It was obvious that the cake was not baked at the restaurant. Even worse, it was also obvious that it was just taken out of a refrigerator and plopped on to a plate. After only one bite I decided I’d had enough.

The classy décor, friendly atmosphere and delicious food make Le P’tit Paris a great new addition to the Grove. The moderate pricing is ideal for students on a budget.  If only the desserts were as fresh as the rest of the menu, this cozy café would have the complete package.

Rating: 3 out of 4 stars

Le P’tit Paris
3464 Main Highway
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
(305) 445-7331
www.leptitparis.us

View Larger Map

Kendall Sale

Contributing EDGE Writer

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...

Miami's schedule features seven matches against teams that reached the NCAA Championship. ...