Politics: On the trail

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama has recently attacked John McCain’s record on Social Security according to the Florida McCain campaign, adding that The Washington Post, in last month’s article “Obama Distorts Social Security Stances,” has called Obama’s claims a “gross distortion” of McCain’s position on Social Security.

Obama’s campaign said Tuesday that Democrats now hold a 3.34 million voter edge in 13 battleground states. In those 13 swing states, there are 1.49 million more Democrats and 61,438 fewer Republicans registered than there were at the time of the 2004 general election.

Erika Capek

Assistant News Editor

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...