Basketball

“Hurricanes Hoopfest” an open practice for fans on Oct. 18

The Miami Hurricanes men’s and women’s basketball teams will welcome fans to the BankUnited Center on Oct. 18 for “Hurricanes Hoopfest ’08,” an event for fans, and especially those interested in purchasing season tickets for either team.

The day will feature an open practice, autograph session with both teams and an appearance by Sebastian the Ibis.

The men’s team is coming off a remarkable turnaround season in which they were projected to finish last in the Atlantic Coast Conference and wound up making the second round of the NCAA tournament. The team returns most of that nucleus, including senior guard Jack McClinton. The women’s team is rebounding after a 9-20 season, but is bringing in a McDonald’s All-American in Shenise Johnson, rated No. 11 in the country by Slam Magazine.

Matthew Bunch

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...