Basketball

“Hurricanes Hoopfest” an open practice for fans on Oct. 18

The Miami Hurricanes men’s and women’s basketball teams will welcome fans to the BankUnited Center on Oct. 18 for “Hurricanes Hoopfest ’08,” an event for fans, and especially those interested in purchasing season tickets for either team.

The day will feature an open practice, autograph session with both teams and an appearance by Sebastian the Ibis.

The men’s team is coming off a remarkable turnaround season in which they were projected to finish last in the Atlantic Coast Conference and wound up making the second round of the NCAA tournament. The team returns most of that nucleus, including senior guard Jack McClinton. The women’s team is rebounding after a 9-20 season, but is bringing in a McDonald’s All-American in Shenise Johnson, rated No. 11 in the country by Slam Magazine.

Matthew Bunch

Miller School of Medicine students are visiting barbershops to offer free health screenings to Afric ...

With a new name and a continued focus on excellence, students, faculty, and staff are excited about ...

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

Frost School of Music faculty member Carlos Abril highlights how demographic characteristics influen ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.