Coconut Grove Beat Notebook

Evan Handler, known for his role as Harry on “Sex in the City,” will be reading from his newest book, “It’s Only Temporary: The Good News and The Bad News of Being Alive” on Monday, Oct. 27, at 7:30 p.m. Handler is just one of the many celebrated authors that will be featured during the Jewish Book Festival from Oct. 27 through Nov. 10 at the Alper Jewish Community Center in Coconut Gove. The festival features authors and books on various topics, including the Holocaust, medical myths, and war. Tickets for specific events are $12 and more information on each author can be found at www.alperjcc.org.

Other Events:
Mythical Coral Castle has become a home to Miami’s most provocative psychics, who gather there for the psychic fair on the first Saturday of every month. The fair features a wide range of unique activities, from having your aura photographed to getting a fairy card reading or exploring various vendors’ collections of jewelry, books, and crystals. Historic Coral Castle is located at 28655 S. Dixie Hwy in Homestead.

On the first Friday of every month, Ponce de Leon Park is host to Art in the Park, a cultural event that mixes jazz, piano improvisations and Latin funk with exhibits by local artists. Hosted under the stars, the music begins at 7 p.m. The park is located at 2800 Ponce de Leon Blvd. For more information visit www.artintheparkconcerts.com.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...