Coconut Grove Beat Notebook

Evan Handler, known for his role as Harry on “Sex in the City,” will be reading from his newest book, “It’s Only Temporary: The Good News and The Bad News of Being Alive” on Monday, Oct. 27, at 7:30 p.m. Handler is just one of the many celebrated authors that will be featured during the Jewish Book Festival from Oct. 27 through Nov. 10 at the Alper Jewish Community Center in Coconut Gove. The festival features authors and books on various topics, including the Holocaust, medical myths, and war. Tickets for specific events are $12 and more information on each author can be found at www.alperjcc.org.

Other Events:
Mythical Coral Castle has become a home to Miami’s most provocative psychics, who gather there for the psychic fair on the first Saturday of every month. The fair features a wide range of unique activities, from having your aura photographed to getting a fairy card reading or exploring various vendors’ collections of jewelry, books, and crystals. Historic Coral Castle is located at 28655 S. Dixie Hwy in Homestead.

On the first Friday of every month, Ponce de Leon Park is host to Art in the Park, a cultural event that mixes jazz, piano improvisations and Latin funk with exhibits by local artists. Hosted under the stars, the music begins at 7 p.m. The park is located at 2800 Ponce de Leon Blvd. For more information visit www.artintheparkconcerts.com.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...