Spotted On Site: Ji-Wah Ng

Although she claims to be “plain, ordinary and average,” University of Miami sophomore Ji-Wah Ng seems to be far from it, judging by her various hobbies and skills. Ng took four years of Spanish and wants to learn Japanese next, though she is already fluent in both Mandarin and Cantonese.  She enjoys Latin dancing, aspires to travel and possibly become a nurse. With so many interests, life is exciting and colorful.

The Miami Hurricane: Why did you choose to go to UM as opposed to other schools?

Ji-Wah Ng: This school has a very good nursing program and it takes care of its students.

TMH: What do you plan to do after you finish school?

JN: I plan to go to California. It has been a plan for a while, plus my brother and his fiance live there and my parents plan to retire there so it just seems right. Also, California as a state is on top for medical things.

TMH: What do you do for fun?

JN: I didn’t really do much last semester, but this semester I am doing aikido at the Wellness Center, and Miami Ballroom which teaches you many dances. In the first hour, we do a Latin dance and in the second hour we do a classic ballroom dance. Both of these classes are a form of exercise for me. It is something fun and teaches you new things.

TMH: What is one thing people wouldn’t expect about you?

JN: Well, I’m really just plain and ordinary so there really isn’t anything someone wouldn’t expect. I’m just average at everything. Although, I do like quotes. I have a ton of quote books.

TMH: What is your favorite quote?

JN: Oh, now that’s a tough question. There are bunches I love, like this one: “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.”

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The life of a fullback isn’t always glamorous, even 15 years ago before the position was essentially ...

The start to spring practice this year came with a long delay for Xzavier Henderson. In addition to ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is the ITA Southeast Region Arthur Ashe ...

100 days until Miami – Florida LVI. The countdown is on. ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...