Politics: On the trail

McCain Campaign said Obama misrepresented insurance plan

Sen. John McCain’s Florida campaign said that Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama has misrepresented Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain’s insurance plan. Despite Obama’s claims, they’ve stated, McCain’s plan will not cost more and leave less covered.

McCain will change the tax code to give Americans more health insurance coverage options by giving a $2,500 direct refundable tax credit to individuals and $5,000 to families. This money will be given to offset the cost of insurance, according to the McCain campaign.

Obama tells Americans to vote early

The official Web site of Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign reported on Saturday that Obama finished two days of campaigning in Ohio by telling people to vote early.

This year, 36 states will allow some type of early voting and one-third of voters nationally are expected to do so.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...