Politics: On the trail

McCain Campaign said Obama misrepresented insurance plan

Sen. John McCain’s Florida campaign said that Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama has misrepresented Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain’s insurance plan. Despite Obama’s claims, they’ve stated, McCain’s plan will not cost more and leave less covered.

McCain will change the tax code to give Americans more health insurance coverage options by giving a $2,500 direct refundable tax credit to individuals and $5,000 to families. This money will be given to offset the cost of insurance, according to the McCain campaign.

Obama tells Americans to vote early

The official Web site of Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign reported on Saturday that Obama finished two days of campaigning in Ohio by telling people to vote early.

This year, 36 states will allow some type of early voting and one-third of voters nationally are expected to do so.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

There are few players across Florida whose recruitment has been harder to parse than Derick Hunter’s ...

While University of Miami fans are not exactly thrilled about their Hurricanes going against the Wis ...

There was a time John Dixon looked like he would have his choice of just about any college he wanted ...

Part 2 of a 3-part series Former Marlins president David Samson, now unshackled by any contractual r ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

A record number of gifts have been collected across UM campuses to benefit children and seniors in t ...

Former Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Barak, who previously served as minister of the interior and mi ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...

The University of Miami's redshirt senior setter Haley Templeton was named to the 2018 AVCA All ...