Weekend Playlist 4.0

“I Hustle” – Y.P.: This street-inspiring anthem is set over a melodic, 1920s-sounding beat that will definitely catch you off guard. This song is perfect for a lax weekend moment when you kick back with some wine and perhaps another tool of relaxation.

“Let it Rock” – Kevin Rudolph feat. Lil’ Wayne: Cash Money’s first rock artist is quickly making a name for himself with this hard-hitting track featuring a (thank the music gods) vocoder-free Weezy.

“Body On Me” – Nelly feat. Ashanti & Akon: Darn it, Akon, when will you sing a pseudo-sexual hook that I don’t end up singing to myself for hours on end? Nelly and his boo Ashanti join Akon for a catchy jam that should end in someone rubbing their body on you.

“Mr. Alladatshit” – Kidz in the Hall feat. Chip Tha Ripper: Turn this up and enjoy a refreshingly positive track from some lesser-known conscious rappers. Not sure yet? Rapper Naledge says this song will have you feeling “higher than giraffe pussy.” What else do you need for a great weekend?

“Windows Media Player” – Charles Hamilton: When is the last time you heard samples of computer sounds for an entire track? I’d say the day before never. Either way, enjoy the wordplay and singing that will have you looking crazy and singing “CharlesHamilton.blogspot.com” around campus.

Bonus swagger-packed jam: “Swagga Like Us” – T.I., Kanye West, Jay-Z and Lil’ Wayne: “Mr. West is in the building/Swagger sitting on a hundred thousand trillion/I know I got it first I’m Christopher Columbus/Y’all ni**as Pilgrims.” “Gotta bop like this/Can’t wear skinny jeans because my nuts don’t fit.” “My jewels – blue and yellow/The type of shit that make them call you Carmelo.” Got enough quotables? Go download this already!

Dan Buyanovsky

Senior Writer

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...