Sports Briefs

BASEBALL

Fall season begins

The University of Miami baseball team begins fall practice Thursday.

Over the next two months, the players will compete in ten intrasquad scrimmages, the annual alumni game on Oct. 24, scrimmages against Miami Dade College and Indian River Community College, the Orange-Green World Series and Pro Scout Day.

Nineteen players return from last year’s team that finished 53-11 and made it to the College World Series. The incoming 13-member signing class was recently ranked seventh nationally by College Baseball Newspaper.

ROWING

Good showing at Head of the Oklahoma Regatta

Over the weekend, Miami’s rowing team took part in one of the premiere racing events at the Head of the Oklahoma Regatta in Oklahoma City.

In the Collegiate Eight night race, the Canes finished fourth behind Stanford, Washington State and Harvard/Radcliffe in the 500 meter sprint.

Sophomore Monika Sajinic won in singles racing by over one minute with a time of 17:06.421.

The top Collegiate Four team at Miami, consisting of coxswain Shira Kharrazi, stroke Laura Cordner, 3-seat Nic Saner, 2-seat Frida Schneider and bow Sajinic, won with a time of 15:51.753.

Information compiled by from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...