Sports Briefs

BASEBALL

Fall season begins

The University of Miami baseball team begins fall practice Thursday.

Over the next two months, the players will compete in ten intrasquad scrimmages, the annual alumni game on Oct. 24, scrimmages against Miami Dade College and Indian River Community College, the Orange-Green World Series and Pro Scout Day.

Nineteen players return from last year’s team that finished 53-11 and made it to the College World Series. The incoming 13-member signing class was recently ranked seventh nationally by College Baseball Newspaper.

ROWING

Good showing at Head of the Oklahoma Regatta

Over the weekend, Miami’s rowing team took part in one of the premiere racing events at the Head of the Oklahoma Regatta in Oklahoma City.

In the Collegiate Eight night race, the Canes finished fourth behind Stanford, Washington State and Harvard/Radcliffe in the 500 meter sprint.

Sophomore Monika Sajinic won in singles racing by over one minute with a time of 17:06.421.

The top Collegiate Four team at Miami, consisting of coxswain Shira Kharrazi, stroke Laura Cordner, 3-seat Nic Saner, 2-seat Frida Schneider and bow Sajinic, won with a time of 15:51.753.

Information compiled by from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

Lucha Latina celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month by highlighting Central American culture. ...

The Frost School of Music’s Valerie Coleman, who heads to Carnegie Hall tonight with the Philadelphi ...

Engineering students at the University of Miami combine inventive materials with a new construction ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.