Sports Briefs

BASEBALL

Fall season begins

The University of Miami baseball team begins fall practice Thursday.

Over the next two months, the players will compete in ten intrasquad scrimmages, the annual alumni game on Oct. 24, scrimmages against Miami Dade College and Indian River Community College, the Orange-Green World Series and Pro Scout Day.

Nineteen players return from last year’s team that finished 53-11 and made it to the College World Series. The incoming 13-member signing class was recently ranked seventh nationally by College Baseball Newspaper.

ROWING

Good showing at Head of the Oklahoma Regatta

Over the weekend, Miami’s rowing team took part in one of the premiere racing events at the Head of the Oklahoma Regatta in Oklahoma City.

In the Collegiate Eight night race, the Canes finished fourth behind Stanford, Washington State and Harvard/Radcliffe in the 500 meter sprint.

Sophomore Monika Sajinic won in singles racing by over one minute with a time of 17:06.421.

The top Collegiate Four team at Miami, consisting of coxswain Shira Kharrazi, stroke Laura Cordner, 3-seat Nic Saner, 2-seat Frida Schneider and bow Sajinic, won with a time of 15:51.753.

Information compiled by from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...