Letters to the Editor

As an Alaskan, I know how she is

As an Alaskan, I urge you to vote against McCain/Palin in the upcoming election. Vice presidents matter; they become presidents and influence policy.

If you do not want World War III, do not let a hotheaded poser with no understanding of world affairs to negotiate with hostile nations. Palin’s cavalier attitude when describing what she would do with countries like Russia or Iran is scary. Seeing a stretch of Russia’s far north from afar does not mean that Palin can deal with foreign conflicts.

As a vice president, Palin will work closely with McCain to improve the economy. The economy is not McCain’s strong suit and Palin likes to throw money around like it grows on trees.

Contrary to what she says now, Palin supported both “bridges to nowhere.” When Palin became the mayor of Wasilla, the city had no debt. It DOES now.

Palin pretends to be an expert on the nation’s energy needs. She has done nothing significant to reduce Alaska’s dependence on oil during her years as governor.

She lacks vision, expertise, and the foresight to solve the energy crisis facing the U.S. I believe in God, but do not want a person who is arrogant enough to claim that they know exactly what God says governing my country. Palin assumes that she hears God telling her to send young boys to Iraq.

Let her stay in Alaska, shoot moose, build pipelines, and raise children; leave governing the country to someone who has a chance of saving the economy even if they don’t have great legs.

-Mariya Lovishchuk

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

And you thought the quarterback race was hot before. After reviewing the University of Miami spring ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...