Politics: On the trail

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama leads Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain in New Hampshire by six percent and in Pennsylvania by 10 percent. This poll was taken a day after McCain transferred campaign funds from Michigan to other contested states.

Both Democratic vice presidential candidate Sen. Joe Biden and Republican vice presidential candidate Gov. Sarah Palin performed well in the Vice Presidential Debates on Thursday. Sarah Palin was able to “[hold]her own” Amy Holmes, a Republican strategist, told CNN. Biden gave the debate of his lifetime, said David Gergen, a senior political analyst for CNN.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

For the first time since Mark Richt benched N’Kosi Perry for Malik Rosier in the Miami Hurricanes’ l ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ offense has struggled for about a month now and Saturday there was no bigger c ...

Thoughts and postscripts after UM’s 27-21 loss at Georgia Tech on Saturday: ▪ If Mark Richt intends ...

The Miami Hurricanes have spiraled into a deep dive, with little time left to surface for air. In a ...

When Jack Spicer first booted away a 38-yard punt early in the second quarter against the Georgia Te ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The 2018 midterm election shifts the balance of power in Congress, with women playing a huge role. ...

UM alumna, one-time Miami Dolphins cheerleader, and National Geographic explorer Mireya Mayor lives ...

The “It’s On Us” Student Ambassador Program empowers peers to overcome sexual misconduct and gender ...

The Hurricanes advance to the Preseason WNIT semifinals. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team fell to North Carolina, 3-1, on Veteran's Day at Carmic ...

The No. 25/24 Miami women's basketball team will resume play in the Preseason WNIT Sunday after ...

The Hurricanes fall to Georgia Tech in Atlanta Saturday night. ...

Freshmen Franco Aubone and Kaya Gore of the University of Miami men's tennis team captured a do ...