Weekend Playlist 3.0

“Whatever You Like” by T.I. – The song you’d hate to love, but boy you love to hear it. By the time you head home (hopefully not alone) at the end of the night with this song in your head, you’ll definitely be antsy for some “Midnight sex/So wet, so tight.”

“Bang Bang” by The Knux – Though this brother duo from New Orleans is different from just about anything we’ve heard as of late, their old-school hip-hop influence is apparent and will get your toes stepping to their playful storytelling.

“Family Reunion” by Kid Sister feat. David Banner – If you haven’t heard Kid Sister’s music yet, you’re doing something wrong. The “Pro Nails” singer teams up with Mississippi’s most-known David Banner for a fun song about barbecues and family affairs.

“Lookin’ Fly” by Murs feat. will.i.am – If anyone knows how to look fly and sound even flyer, it’s these two. When you’re getting geared up for a night out, throw on this Animaniacs-inspired track and dance your skinny jeans off while you enjoy that tasty beverage.

“It’s Over” by John Legend feat. Kanye West – As you can tell from the title, this song chronicles the end of a loving relationship. But ‘Ye and Legend will certainly get you through your woes and have you in a “Screw guys/girls, I just want to dance!” mood this weekend.

Bonus Weekend Pick: “Blue Magic” by Jay-Z. Don’t expect him to perform this on Sunday, but keep in mind the significant quotable: “Money over broads/You got it?/Fuck Bush!”

Dan Buyanovsky

Senior Writer

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

University of Miami true freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was not at practice on Tuesday morning ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ The Hurricanes, who began the offseason with five highly sk ...

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...