Jay-Z, Wyclef Jean to perform in Miami for voter registration, Obama

In a previous issue of The Miami Hurricane, we asked students if famous actors or musicians influenced their political ideology. Though most students admitted they could care less about their favorite star’s presidential favorite, one student said, “If Jay-Z votes for Obama, I’ll vote for Obama.” Well, Obama can rest assured he has at least one more vote from that particular UM student.

This Sunday, the Obama Campaign will sponsor a free, yes free, Jay-Z concert at Bayfront Park for political supporters and hip-hop heads alike. Bayfront Park, known for its lax atmosphere and beautiful backdrop of the Miami skyline, has recently played host venue to shows like Rock the Bells, Warped Tour and will also be home to the 2009 Langerado Festival.

The show, entitled “Last Chance for Change: Voter Registration Rally with Jay-Z,” is absolutely free and open to anyone over 18. Tickets will be distributed starting tomorrow at 10 a.m. at Obama Campaign Headquarters in Coral Gables, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Hialeah, Hollywood, Homestead, Margate and Miami Gardens.

Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show begins at 8:30. Whether you’re an Obama supporter or not, a free Jay-Z night show beside the gorgeous Miami skyline is something you simply cannot miss. Check out the Obama Campaign’s site page at http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/JayZ for more info.

Dan Buyanovsky

Senior Writer

Some of the last uninhabited islands on the planet are serving as a natural laboratory for a Univers ...

The Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center’s 18,000-square-foot fitness room named in honor of Norm ...

University of Miami theatre arts students and faculty members come together for a whirlwind day to c ...

The #SuperCoralPlay campaign combines education and outreach with research and restoration efforts t ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Emily Becker is part of a dream team of scientists that will present it ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.