Jay-Z, Wyclef Jean to perform in Miami for voter registration, Obama

In a previous issue of The Miami Hurricane, we asked students if famous actors or musicians influenced their political ideology. Though most students admitted they could care less about their favorite star’s presidential favorite, one student said, “If Jay-Z votes for Obama, I’ll vote for Obama.” Well, Obama can rest assured he has at least one more vote from that particular UM student.

This Sunday, the Obama Campaign will sponsor a free, yes free, Jay-Z concert at Bayfront Park for political supporters and hip-hop heads alike. Bayfront Park, known for its lax atmosphere and beautiful backdrop of the Miami skyline, has recently played host venue to shows like Rock the Bells, Warped Tour and will also be home to the 2009 Langerado Festival.

The show, entitled “Last Chance for Change: Voter Registration Rally with Jay-Z,” is absolutely free and open to anyone over 18. Tickets will be distributed starting tomorrow at 10 a.m. at Obama Campaign Headquarters in Coral Gables, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Hialeah, Hollywood, Homestead, Margate and Miami Gardens.

Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show begins at 8:30. Whether you’re an Obama supporter or not, a free Jay-Z night show beside the gorgeous Miami skyline is something you simply cannot miss. Check out the Obama Campaign’s site page at http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/JayZ for more info.

Dan Buyanovsky

Senior Writer

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team recorded its second win of the day Saturday evening at the ...

Chris Lykes scored 20 points, but the Canes come up just short against No. 13 UNC. ...

In the first of its two matches Saturday at the FGCU Tennis Complex, the No. 17 Miami women's t ...