Campus Beat Notebook

The Coconut Grove Farmer’s Market, famous for its fresh organic fruits and vegetables, is open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. With goods from around the world, the products vary from season to season but local specialties include pestos, salad dressings and fresh fruit pies in a variety of flavors including mango, strawberry, raspberry-apple, and apple almond. The Farmer’s Market is located at Grand Avenue and Margaret Street.

David T. Kennedy Park caters to a different sort of walker – dogs and their owners. The park boasts a fenced area for furry friends to run free of leashes and plenty of benches for people too. The perfect place for a quite afternoon with a canine companion, the park is conveniently located at 2600 S. Bayshore Dr, and offers plenty of parking.

Looking for a jumpstart on Halloween festivities or just on the hunt for an evening thrill? Celestial Treasures is hosting Ghost Quest on Oct. 19 from 7 to 9 p.m. The cemetery adventure includes a tour of various grave sites, plenty of ghost stories and a spiritual cleansing. To reserve a spot, call 305-461-2341.

Shake-a-Leg Sailboat Rentals offers a special three-hour tour of Miami waterways by moonlight starting at $16 per person. Take a date on a rare nautical adventure piloted by a registered Shake-a-Leg admiral. The rental shop also offers individual rentals for the experienced seafarer. For further details, call 305-858-5550 or visit the Shake-a-Leg crew at 2620 S. Bayshore Dr.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...