Campus Beat Notebook

The Coconut Grove Farmer’s Market, famous for its fresh organic fruits and vegetables, is open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. With goods from around the world, the products vary from season to season but local specialties include pestos, salad dressings and fresh fruit pies in a variety of flavors including mango, strawberry, raspberry-apple, and apple almond. The Farmer’s Market is located at Grand Avenue and Margaret Street.

David T. Kennedy Park caters to a different sort of walker – dogs and their owners. The park boasts a fenced area for furry friends to run free of leashes and plenty of benches for people too. The perfect place for a quite afternoon with a canine companion, the park is conveniently located at 2600 S. Bayshore Dr, and offers plenty of parking.

Looking for a jumpstart on Halloween festivities or just on the hunt for an evening thrill? Celestial Treasures is hosting Ghost Quest on Oct. 19 from 7 to 9 p.m. The cemetery adventure includes a tour of various grave sites, plenty of ghost stories and a spiritual cleansing. To reserve a spot, call 305-461-2341.

Shake-a-Leg Sailboat Rentals offers a special three-hour tour of Miami waterways by moonlight starting at $16 per person. Take a date on a rare nautical adventure piloted by a registered Shake-a-Leg admiral. The rental shop also offers individual rentals for the experienced seafarer. For further details, call 305-858-5550 or visit the Shake-a-Leg crew at 2620 S. Bayshore Dr.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...