Campus Beat Notebook

The Coconut Grove Farmer’s Market, famous for its fresh organic fruits and vegetables, is open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. With goods from around the world, the products vary from season to season but local specialties include pestos, salad dressings and fresh fruit pies in a variety of flavors including mango, strawberry, raspberry-apple, and apple almond. The Farmer’s Market is located at Grand Avenue and Margaret Street.

David T. Kennedy Park caters to a different sort of walker – dogs and their owners. The park boasts a fenced area for furry friends to run free of leashes and plenty of benches for people too. The perfect place for a quite afternoon with a canine companion, the park is conveniently located at 2600 S. Bayshore Dr, and offers plenty of parking.

Looking for a jumpstart on Halloween festivities or just on the hunt for an evening thrill? Celestial Treasures is hosting Ghost Quest on Oct. 19 from 7 to 9 p.m. The cemetery adventure includes a tour of various grave sites, plenty of ghost stories and a spiritual cleansing. To reserve a spot, call 305-461-2341.

Shake-a-Leg Sailboat Rentals offers a special three-hour tour of Miami waterways by moonlight starting at $16 per person. Take a date on a rare nautical adventure piloted by a registered Shake-a-Leg admiral. The rental shop also offers individual rentals for the experienced seafarer. For further details, call 305-858-5550 or visit the Shake-a-Leg crew at 2620 S. Bayshore Dr.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...