Campus Beat Notebook

The Coconut Grove Farmer’s Market, famous for its fresh organic fruits and vegetables, is open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. With goods from around the world, the products vary from season to season but local specialties include pestos, salad dressings and fresh fruit pies in a variety of flavors including mango, strawberry, raspberry-apple, and apple almond. The Farmer’s Market is located at Grand Avenue and Margaret Street.

David T. Kennedy Park caters to a different sort of walker – dogs and their owners. The park boasts a fenced area for furry friends to run free of leashes and plenty of benches for people too. The perfect place for a quite afternoon with a canine companion, the park is conveniently located at 2600 S. Bayshore Dr, and offers plenty of parking.

Looking for a jumpstart on Halloween festivities or just on the hunt for an evening thrill? Celestial Treasures is hosting Ghost Quest on Oct. 19 from 7 to 9 p.m. The cemetery adventure includes a tour of various grave sites, plenty of ghost stories and a spiritual cleansing. To reserve a spot, call 305-461-2341.

Shake-a-Leg Sailboat Rentals offers a special three-hour tour of Miami waterways by moonlight starting at $16 per person. Take a date on a rare nautical adventure piloted by a registered Shake-a-Leg admiral. The rental shop also offers individual rentals for the experienced seafarer. For further details, call 305-858-5550 or visit the Shake-a-Leg crew at 2620 S. Bayshore Dr.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

University of Miami President Julio Frenk and Miami-Dade Public Schools Superintendent Alberto Carva

Experts in the Department of Political Science’s 2020 election class explain why all eyes may be on

The Frost School of Music’s Band of the Hour discovers new ways to deliver school spirit at the Hard

Lauren Markwith played four years with Miami Hurricanes soccer. Now, she is on staff for Inter Miami

Sierra Domb uses her communications skills to raise awareness of and funding for studies on a sensor