Spotted on Site: A.J. Carda

Photo by Tanya Thompson // Hurricane Staff.

A new addition to The Miami Hurricane that features charismatic members of the University of Miami community caught off-guard! Could you be next?
Freshman A.J. Carda has not yet declared his major but he has definitely declared his love for bass guitar, as well as hats. Often, Carda said he is spotted with his bass strapped across his shoulder, yet he admitted a sometimes hidden talent of his – being a drum player.

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: What made you decide to play the bass?

A.J. Carda: Well, I’m a drum player, but since I couldn’t take my drum set with me, I picked up the bass.

TMH: You mentioned you play in a band. What is your band’s name?

AC: Iron Price.

TMH: Why the long hair?

AC: I was in JROTC back in high school and they made me cut it, so in a juvenile attempt to get back at the man I grew it out. Also, I like it.

TMH: What individual or band has influenced your band the most?

AC: Oh, definitely Epic and Wolfeblitzer, two local thrash metal bands back home. When ever these bands play it keeps my band members and I awake for the next few days writing music.

TMH: What’s your style?

AC: Anything that is weird but honestly, it’s all about the comfort. I also own 800,000 hats.

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...