Spotted on Site: A.J. Carda

Photo by Tanya Thompson // Hurricane Staff.

A new addition to The Miami Hurricane that features charismatic members of the University of Miami community caught off-guard! Could you be next?
Freshman A.J. Carda has not yet declared his major but he has definitely declared his love for bass guitar, as well as hats. Often, Carda said he is spotted with his bass strapped across his shoulder, yet he admitted a sometimes hidden talent of his – being a drum player.

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: What made you decide to play the bass?

A.J. Carda: Well, I’m a drum player, but since I couldn’t take my drum set with me, I picked up the bass.

TMH: You mentioned you play in a band. What is your band’s name?

AC: Iron Price.

TMH: Why the long hair?

AC: I was in JROTC back in high school and they made me cut it, so in a juvenile attempt to get back at the man I grew it out. Also, I like it.

TMH: What individual or band has influenced your band the most?

AC: Oh, definitely Epic and Wolfeblitzer, two local thrash metal bands back home. When ever these bands play it keeps my band members and I awake for the next few days writing music.

TMH: What’s your style?

AC: Anything that is weird but honestly, it’s all about the comfort. I also own 800,000 hats.

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship of one th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...