Weekend Playlist 2.0

“Magic (Mark Ronson Remix)” – Robin Thicke, Wale, Mary J. Blige: Mark Ronson throws in his signature horns for a soulful and upbeat remake of Robin Thicke’s latest single. Keep your ears peeled for a few Wale quotables.

“Dead & Gone” – T.I. feat. Justin Timberlake: Though the subject matter is a bit somber, JT does his best “I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight” impression in between T.I.’s war stories.

“Beggin” – Madcon: This one may be under your radar (unless you’ve been listening to Norwegian radio lately) but it has all the makings of a crossover pop hit. Body-rocking production? Check. Catchy hook? Check. Norwegians rapping in English? Double check!

“I Love College” – Asher Roth: In case you’ve been down in the dumps about spending most of your life in the Stacks this week, this song is sure to get you excited for the weekend and remind you that “time isn’t wasted/when you’re getting wasted.”

“Love Lockdown” – Kanye West: Kanye kicked off his new album campaign with an epic performance of this song at the VMAs with a glow-in-the-dark drum line. Now the song is No. 1 on iTunes. Seems like K-Pain and his trusty vocoder have just made lost love sound catchy.

Dan Buyanovsky

Senior Writer

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The Miami women's basketball team is set to host its first of three consecutive Sunday games th ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...