Weekend Playlist 2.0

“Magic (Mark Ronson Remix)” – Robin Thicke, Wale, Mary J. Blige: Mark Ronson throws in his signature horns for a soulful and upbeat remake of Robin Thicke’s latest single. Keep your ears peeled for a few Wale quotables.

“Dead & Gone” – T.I. feat. Justin Timberlake: Though the subject matter is a bit somber, JT does his best “I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight” impression in between T.I.’s war stories.

“Beggin” – Madcon: This one may be under your radar (unless you’ve been listening to Norwegian radio lately) but it has all the makings of a crossover pop hit. Body-rocking production? Check. Catchy hook? Check. Norwegians rapping in English? Double check!

“I Love College” – Asher Roth: In case you’ve been down in the dumps about spending most of your life in the Stacks this week, this song is sure to get you excited for the weekend and remind you that “time isn’t wasted/when you’re getting wasted.”

“Love Lockdown” – Kanye West: Kanye kicked off his new album campaign with an epic performance of this song at the VMAs with a glow-in-the-dark drum line. Now the song is No. 1 on iTunes. Seems like K-Pain and his trusty vocoder have just made lost love sound catchy.

Dan Buyanovsky

Senior Writer

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...