Politics: On the trail

In 2005, a Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac reform bill was passed by the Senate Banking Committee, according to commentary by Kevin Hassett, director of economic policy studies and an advisor to Senator John McCain, on Bloomberg.com

The bill gave a regulator power to crack down, and would have required the companies to eliminate their investments in risky assets. However, Democrats opposed it on a party-line vote in the committee. Hassett believes Democrats created today’s financial crisis.

Senator Barack Obama now has new Spanish-language ads in Florida and other states. The ads will focus on the economy.

Erika Capek

Assistant News Editor

With remarks by entrepreneur and alumnus Rony Abovitz, a recent event at the Kislak Center showcased ...

A UM student retention task force is working to ensure that all first-year students feel at home. ...

A new School of Nursing and Health Studies’ initiative delivers critical health care for Miami’s hom ...

As part of the Leadership UMiami program, students heard from community leaders who spend their care ...

Miller School of Medicine doctors are providing assistance on Great Abaco Island, where survivors of ...

With an Olympic year on the horizon, former Canes star Lauryn Williams reflects on an incredible car ...

The Miami women's basketball staff just got stronger with the addition of former Hurricane stan ...

The University of Miami football program announced Sunday that it has accepted a bid to the 2019 Wal ...

Greg Rousseau was one of Miami's breakout players this year and will be honored Friday night in ...

The first-year and redshirt players in Miami's developmental training program have spent months ...