Politics: On the trail

In 2005, a Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac reform bill was passed by the Senate Banking Committee, according to commentary by Kevin Hassett, director of economic policy studies and an advisor to Senator John McCain, on Bloomberg.com

The bill gave a regulator power to crack down, and would have required the companies to eliminate their investments in risky assets. However, Democrats opposed it on a party-line vote in the committee. Hassett believes Democrats created today’s financial crisis.

Senator Barack Obama now has new Spanish-language ads in Florida and other states. The ads will focus on the economy.

Erika Capek

Assistant News Editor

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

The Class of 2023 Stamps Scholars begin their first year at the University of Miami. ...

With 102 events already on their calendar, new initiatives are also on the horizon for the Universit ...

Economic expert Paulo Leme analyzes last week’s economic downturn. ...

Senior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney and Zach McCloud have already made history ...

The Hurricanes kick off their 2019 soccer campaign Thursday night against UTRGV. ...

Blake James details how Miami and Florida agreed to renew their rivalry with an upcoming home-and-ho ...

adidas x Miami announce continued collaboration with Parley for the Oceans ...

Canes legend Michael Irvin will be attendance for the event the night before the Miami-Florida game. ...