Coconut Grove Beat Notebook

ArtWay 66 Gallery will host Art Stroll, a live music event, on the first Saturday of every month. The next Art Stroll will take place at 7 p.m. on Oct. 4., and will feature the work of exiled Cuban artist Alexander Calderon. The gallery is located on the second level of the Shops at CocoWalk, at 3015 Grand Avenue.

Miami Improv will feature comedian Mike Epps in a special engagement from Sept. 26 through Sept. 28. Epps is well-known for his role on the Def Comedy Jam tour and on HBO specials. Recently, he was chosen to portray Richard Pryor in a biography of the life of the comedic legend. Tickets and show times are available at www.miamiimprov.com.

Biking aficionados may be pleased to note that Coconut Grove offers a historic four-mile bike path that begins at the Rickenbacker Causeway and heads south alongside South Bayshore Drive. While it can be hazardous at night, the route provides a unique view of the area during the day. For intermediate bikers, the bike path continues on a 30-mile stretch from Key Biscayne to Palmetto Bay.

Free-range peacocks have begun to take their toll on the residents of Coconut Grove. The colorful birds have grown in numbers over the past several years and now roam the neighborhood in packs, obstructing traffic. The City of Miami is a designated bird sanctuary, leaving many annoyed homeowners in the Grove with no other option than to tolerate the peacocks.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

Follow the sights and sounds of the pregame festivities in Orlando leading up to Saturday’s big matc ...

A team of researchers created the first mapping model of its kind to track how hate spreads and adap ...

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

The Class of 2023 Stamps Scholars begin their first year at the University of Miami. ...

UM women's soccer blows past UTRGV, 4-0. ...

Senior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney and Zach McCloud have already made history ...

The Hurricanes kick off their 2019 soccer campaign Thursday night against UTRGV. ...

Blake James details how Miami and Florida agreed to renew their rivalry with an upcoming home-and-ho ...

adidas x Miami announce continued collaboration with Parley for the Oceans ...