Spotted on Site: Aleah McGehee

A new addition to The Miami Hurricane that features charismatic members of the University of Miami community caught off-guard! Could you be next?

Aleah McGehee, a sophomore majoring in Music Business, is the promotions director for WVUM Radio, has three shows on the channel and is a self-proclaimed music buff in general. McGehee was spotted in front of Lake Osceola’s fountain, rocking out to tunes through extra-large headphones and holding organic fruits.

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: What inspires your style?

Aleah McGehee: Overall, my favorite bands and designers. But on a day-to-day basis it’s whatever I feel like! If I’m feeling happy, crazy, angry or whatever, I’ll wear something to match it.

TMH: How would you say you are different from everyone else?

AM: I always have a smile on my face, play the bassoon and I am from Kansas. I also have super powers, but I typically only show ’em off at parties.

TMH: Why did you choose to come to the University of Miami?

AM: I auditioned at five schools and of all of them I just felt the most comfortable here. I certainly made the right decision!

TMH: Who is your hero/idol and why?

AM: I have several… Davey Havok, Ian MacKaye, Greg Graffin, Joe Strummer and Andy Warhol are the key ones. They all challenged people to think and were never afraid to be themselves.

TMH: What do you like to do in your free time?

AM: What free time? When I’m not in class, I’m probably hanging around WVUM [Radio]. I have three shows and am the Promotions Director. I also swing dance, enjoy art, and play something like nine instruments. My life is pretty much music, music, music and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team recorded its second win of the day Saturday evening at the ...

Chris Lykes scored 20 points, but the Canes come up just short against No. 13 UNC. ...

In the first of its two matches Saturday at the FGCU Tennis Complex, the No. 17 Miami women's t ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...