Spotted on Site: Aleah McGehee

A new addition to The Miami Hurricane that features charismatic members of the University of Miami community caught off-guard! Could you be next?

Aleah McGehee, a sophomore majoring in Music Business, is the promotions director for WVUM Radio, has three shows on the channel and is a self-proclaimed music buff in general. McGehee was spotted in front of Lake Osceola’s fountain, rocking out to tunes through extra-large headphones and holding organic fruits.

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: What inspires your style?

Aleah McGehee: Overall, my favorite bands and designers. But on a day-to-day basis it’s whatever I feel like! If I’m feeling happy, crazy, angry or whatever, I’ll wear something to match it.

TMH: How would you say you are different from everyone else?

AM: I always have a smile on my face, play the bassoon and I am from Kansas. I also have super powers, but I typically only show ’em off at parties.

TMH: Why did you choose to come to the University of Miami?

AM: I auditioned at five schools and of all of them I just felt the most comfortable here. I certainly made the right decision!

TMH: Who is your hero/idol and why?

AM: I have several… Davey Havok, Ian MacKaye, Greg Graffin, Joe Strummer and Andy Warhol are the key ones. They all challenged people to think and were never afraid to be themselves.

TMH: What do you like to do in your free time?

AM: What free time? When I’m not in class, I’m probably hanging around WVUM [Radio]. I have three shows and am the Promotions Director. I also swing dance, enjoy art, and play something like nine instruments. My life is pretty much music, music, music and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...