Politics: On the trail

During a pregame speech to his former school, the University of Delaware, Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden made a comment that could hurt him in Ohio where the race is very tight. He told his former school that he had bragged to Ohioans that the University of Delaware could beat Ohio State.

“I was out in Ohio… I told the folks in Ohio that we’d kick Ohio State’s ass!” Biden said, according to CNN.

Republican vice presidential candidate, Sarah Palin will meet Afghan President Hamid Karzai next week. The meeting will be in New York and is part of Republican presidential candidate John McCain’s effort to strengthen Palin’s foreign policy credentials.

-Information from CNN

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

University of Miami true freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was not at practice on Tuesday morning ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ The Hurricanes, who began the offseason with five highly sk ...

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...