Correction: UM prof did not question Earth’s age

The brief published in last Monday’s issue of The Miami Hurricane entitled “UM prof questions Earth’s age” was inaccurately titled; Peter Swart, professor at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, did not question the Earth’s age whatsoever.

“I can’t understand where this idea came from,” said Swart, author of the original article which describes his findings in the prestigious journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. “[My] article does not even address the earth’s age.”

Swart’s article did, in fact, question whether the amount of organic carbon buried in the Earth’s sedimentary record is accurately recorded by the ratio of the two stable isotopes of carbon, carbon-13 and carbon 12. This has implications for the reconstruction of the history of carbon dioxide throughout the Earth’s history.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

And you thought the quarterback race was hot before. After reviewing the University of Miami spring ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...