Obama tickets sold out; event to be broadcast on UMTV

Barack Obama

UPDATED 12:37 P.M. 9/17/08

Tickets for the Barack Obama campaign at the BankUnited Center Friday have sold out in advance of the event.

UMTV, the University of Miami’s student-run television station, will simulcast the Obama campaign event on UM cable channel 96 and on umtv.miami.edu/site/live.php.

UPDATED 5:18 P.M. 9/16/08

Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama will appear at the BankUnited Center Friday morning.

The event, which is not through the university but is instead through the Obama for President campaign, will open its doors at 9:30 a.m. It is open to the public, meaning there is no priority for student seating; all seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Advanced ticketing is available at Barack Obama’s campaign website:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/flcoralgableswfo

According to the university, the first 3,000 students attending the event will receive a voucher for a free breakfast when they present their Cane Card.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane as more information on this breaking story becomes available.

Matthew Bunch

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Paradise Camp continues to pay dividends for the Miami Hurricanes. As the camp wrapped up Saturday, ...

As Manny Diaz puts it, Paradise Camp is the Miami Hurricanes’ bridge between three generations. It s ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...