Four UM students robbed at gunpoint on Ponce Saturday night

Four University of Miami students were robbed at gunpoint on Ponce de Leon Blvd. early Sunday morning, UM Police reported in a Crime Alert this afternoon.

According to UM Police, the four students were walking towards campus from the Shops at Sunset Place, when four attackers approached them, held them at gunpoint and robbed the students at 5965 Ponce de Leon Blvd., located between San Amaro Dr. and Southwest 57th Ave., at 1:05 a.m. Sunday.

The attackers, described as young black males wearing white t-shirts or tank tops and jeans shorts, had been walking several yards ahead of the four students. They then stopped in front of a building and allowed the victims to pass. After the students passed them, the attackers held them at gunpoint, robbed them and fled west.
The case is under investigation by the Coral Gables Police Department.

To report any information about this incident, call UM Police at 305-284-6666 or Crimestoppers at 305-471-TIPS (8477). All information will remain anonymous.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...