Four UM students robbed at gunpoint on Ponce Saturday night

Four University of Miami students were robbed at gunpoint on Ponce de Leon Blvd. early Sunday morning, UM Police reported in a Crime Alert this afternoon.

According to UM Police, the four students were walking towards campus from the Shops at Sunset Place, when four attackers approached them, held them at gunpoint and robbed the students at 5965 Ponce de Leon Blvd., located between San Amaro Dr. and Southwest 57th Ave., at 1:05 a.m. Sunday.

The attackers, described as young black males wearing white t-shirts or tank tops and jeans shorts, had been walking several yards ahead of the four students. They then stopped in front of a building and allowed the victims to pass. After the students passed them, the attackers held them at gunpoint, robbed them and fled west.
The case is under investigation by the Coral Gables Police Department.

To report any information about this incident, call UM Police at 305-284-6666 or Crimestoppers at 305-471-TIPS (8477). All information will remain anonymous.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...