Four UM students robbed at gunpoint on Ponce Saturday night

Four University of Miami students were robbed at gunpoint on Ponce de Leon Blvd. early Sunday morning, UM Police reported in a Crime Alert this afternoon.

According to UM Police, the four students were walking towards campus from the Shops at Sunset Place, when four attackers approached them, held them at gunpoint and robbed the students at 5965 Ponce de Leon Blvd., located between San Amaro Dr. and Southwest 57th Ave., at 1:05 a.m. Sunday.

The attackers, described as young black males wearing white t-shirts or tank tops and jeans shorts, had been walking several yards ahead of the four students. They then stopped in front of a building and allowed the victims to pass. After the students passed them, the attackers held them at gunpoint, robbed them and fled west.
The case is under investigation by the Coral Gables Police Department.

To report any information about this incident, call UM Police at 305-284-6666 or Crimestoppers at 305-471-TIPS (8477). All information will remain anonymous.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...