Four UM students robbed at gunpoint on Ponce Saturday night

Four University of Miami students were robbed at gunpoint on Ponce de Leon Blvd. early Sunday morning, UM Police reported in a Crime Alert this afternoon.

According to UM Police, the four students were walking towards campus from the Shops at Sunset Place, when four attackers approached them, held them at gunpoint and robbed the students at 5965 Ponce de Leon Blvd., located between San Amaro Dr. and Southwest 57th Ave., at 1:05 a.m. Sunday.

The attackers, described as young black males wearing white t-shirts or tank tops and jeans shorts, had been walking several yards ahead of the four students. They then stopped in front of a building and allowed the victims to pass. After the students passed them, the attackers held them at gunpoint, robbed them and fled west.
The case is under investigation by the Coral Gables Police Department.

To report any information about this incident, call UM Police at 305-284-6666 or Crimestoppers at 305-471-TIPS (8477). All information will remain anonymous.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

Karin Wilkins, dean of the University of Miami School of Communication, examines the challenges faci ...

The new testing effort, announced Friday by Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez, will use a finger prick to chec ...

A University of Miami scientist is awarded a Pew grant to study coral reef restoration in the Caribb ...

How the choices made by Austrian psychiatrist Viktor Frankl during the Holocaust changed the course ...

A medical specialist with the University of Miami Health System and the Miller School of Medicine ha ...