Politics: On the trail

Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden recently released tax returns revealing that he is the poorest active senator. In 2006, Biden earned $320,000; over half of U.S. senators are millionaires.

On Friday, Alaskan lawmakers voted to subpoena Sarah Palin’s husband as part of an investigation dealing with Palin’s firing of her public safety commissioner, Wait Monegan. Palin is facing allegations that she fired Monegan after he refused to end Mike Wooten’s, Palin’s ex-brother-in-law, service as a police trooper. Palin reported that she fired Monegan due to budget issues.

Information derived from CNN.com.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Hosmay Lopez, a meteorologist at the University of Miami Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmosp ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

The overnight pre-orientation program – now in its 30th year – welcomes newly admitted first-year co ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...