Politics: On the trail

Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden recently released tax returns revealing that he is the poorest active senator. In 2006, Biden earned $320,000; over half of U.S. senators are millionaires.

On Friday, Alaskan lawmakers voted to subpoena Sarah Palin’s husband as part of an investigation dealing with Palin’s firing of her public safety commissioner, Wait Monegan. Palin is facing allegations that she fired Monegan after he refused to end Mike Wooten’s, Palin’s ex-brother-in-law, service as a police trooper. Palin reported that she fired Monegan due to budget issues.

Information derived from CNN.com.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...