Politics: On the trail

Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden recently released tax returns revealing that he is the poorest active senator. In 2006, Biden earned $320,000; over half of U.S. senators are millionaires.

On Friday, Alaskan lawmakers voted to subpoena Sarah Palin’s husband as part of an investigation dealing with Palin’s firing of her public safety commissioner, Wait Monegan. Palin is facing allegations that she fired Monegan after he refused to end Mike Wooten’s, Palin’s ex-brother-in-law, service as a police trooper. Palin reported that she fired Monegan due to budget issues.

Information derived from CNN.com.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...