Our Opinion: Don’t go through life without really living

If there is any time to jump out of the daily norm and go on a spontaneous adventure, it is now. Oh the college years. We’re all going to look back and have a little chuckle. The parties, the girls, the guys, the booze, the drugs…

For some, it may all seem like a blur, but there is a guaranteed way to ensure you remember SOMETHING specific from these four fabulous years. Freshman Jamshed Jehangir decided he was going to make his memory. A native of Illinois, he woke up one morning and decided to go on a bike ride. But not just any old bike ride – the one goal he set for himself was to reach Miami. Thousands of tire spins and 17 days later, he and his bicycle arrived at UM in one piece. The trip of a lifetime.

This is a lesson, or more of an example of something we all should look to follow. We all have the opportunity to make these four years the most memorable and exciting times of our lives, but how many of us actually take advantage of this?

Just a few miles away, in almost every direction, are the Everglades. Close enough, the ‘Glades offer a huge variety of exciting and unique activities such as air-boating, alligator sight-seeing, and boar hunting. If you’re looking for a more national experience, why not take a road trip to Mardi Gras, or Yellowstone National Park?

The time for adventure and excitement is now and it is just around the corner. In the blink of an eye, we’ll be hunched over, with our wheelchairs and walkers, pondering, “what if we had gone to…” or “imagine who we would have met if…”

Screw the “what if’s”, let’s make it, “remember when…?”

Editorial Board

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...