Jogger robbed of iPod while running on Pisano

An individual, unaffiliated with the University of Miami, was robbed of an iPod while jogging along the 1000 block of Pisano Avenue — near Doctors Hospital and the School of Communication parking lot — at approximately 9:15 a.m. Sunday, according to an e-mail crime alert sent this afternoon.

The thief, who is described as a white male wearing an orange shirt with eyeglasses, with unshaven stubble on his face, pulled up next to the jogger in a red Dodge Charger. An individual in the passengers seat asked the jogger for directions to the Otto G. Richter Library, to which the victim replied he did not know. The theif then reached out the window and grabbed the victim’s iPod and keys which were clipped onto the waistband of his shorts.  The victim did not suffer any injuries, the alert said.

UMPD has not yet been available for comment. 

Last April, a female UM student claimed that she had been assaulted and threatened by an attacker with a knife while jogging by the bridge at the 1000 block of Pisano Avenue, but it was ultimately determined by Coral Gables Police that she had falsified the story and had inflicted the wounds on herself.

Anyone with information regarding this iPod robbery may call UM Po lice at (305) 284-6666  or call Crimestoppers at (305)471-TIPS (8477) where callers will remain anonymous and become eligible for a cash reward, the alert said.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship of one th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...