Jogger robbed of iPod while running on Pisano

An individual, unaffiliated with the University of Miami, was robbed of an iPod while jogging along the 1000 block of Pisano Avenue — near Doctors Hospital and the School of Communication parking lot — at approximately 9:15 a.m. Sunday, according to an e-mail crime alert sent this afternoon.

The thief, who is described as a white male wearing an orange shirt with eyeglasses, with unshaven stubble on his face, pulled up next to the jogger in a red Dodge Charger. An individual in the passengers seat asked the jogger for directions to the Otto G. Richter Library, to which the victim replied he did not know. The theif then reached out the window and grabbed the victim’s iPod and keys which were clipped onto the waistband of his shorts.  The victim did not suffer any injuries, the alert said.

UMPD has not yet been available for comment. 

Last April, a female UM student claimed that she had been assaulted and threatened by an attacker with a knife while jogging by the bridge at the 1000 block of Pisano Avenue, but it was ultimately determined by Coral Gables Police that she had falsified the story and had inflicted the wounds on herself.

Anyone with information regarding this iPod robbery may call UM Po lice at (305) 284-6666  or call Crimestoppers at (305)471-TIPS (8477) where callers will remain anonymous and become eligible for a cash reward, the alert said.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

Ebuka Izundu had a career night as the Canes took down Stephen F. Austin, 96-58. ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...